HybridZ

Exhaust Sizing

Delasangre4231

I am seeing a lot about exhaust being the best thing to give a turbo, also I see the stock outlet dia is 2 1/8 on the t3 (on my 300zx). That being said, would it be better to go with a 2 1/2 or 3 inch turbo-back system? Does the 3 still give enough power over the 2 1/2 to be worth it?

Edit: Oh, and the only plans I have for performance upgrades are the MSA K&N intake setup and either a 2.5 or 3 inch mandrel bent turbo-back system, keeping the stock turbo.

• 2 months later...

3 IN. Will definatly be better than the 2.5". If you factor in the length of piping and number of bends that create back preasure in the system, the 3" piping becomes superiour. It will also become beneficial once the boost bug bites you and the urge for more power becomes harder to resist ;)

I am seeing a lot about exhaust being the best thing to give a turbo, also I see the stock outlet dia is 2 1/8 on the t3 (on my 300zx). That being said, would it be better to go with a 2 1/2 or 3 inch turbo-back system? Does the 3 still give enough power over the 2 1/2 to be worth it?

Edit: Oh, and the only plans I have for performance upgrades are the MSA K&N intake setup and either a 2.5 or 3 inch mandrel bent turbo-back system, keeping the stock turbo.

With just a K&N it won't be enough to notice but overkill is fun. And like the other guy said it gives you head room in case you decide to do more later. Just the 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust is going to be an improvement. I vote for 3" though so it's a consensus. Do it B)