HybridZ

Purchasing 300zx to part out

IdahoKidd

I can buy a running 86 300zx turbo, auto, running but smokes, body damage to the rear, for $300. I have a 77 280 with the 83zxt engine in it. Is there anything from this 300zx worth the purchase price for me to put into my zt or to sell outright? I already have computer and maf for same car but not the dizzy parts nor the wire harness pieces. Seems a shame to cut those out but maybe not?

People use the motors for swaps, im sure you can get rid of/fix the interior up and sell it, Seats you could use, I or someone else would take the clsd rear end, axles/shocks/springs could be used by a 300 guy...think about it theres enough but you might have to part a few pieces to make it worth it and know someone that will take it to the crusher afterwards

couldn't make out your thread to well but the ecu and maf from the z31 are considered superior to the standard 280zxt. If the turbo is in good shape then use that as the watercooled ones last better than the stock s130 model. Some people like the seats better but you need to squeeze them in. you could go 5 lugs and have better front wheel brakes but what about the back. 86 didn't have clsd rear end. but maybe the r200 would work better in the s30

I say do it. T-tops can usually fetch a decent coin, you can sell random interior panels and switches on e-bay for 10-15 bucks a pop (minimum), diff is worth a little bit of money, random engine parts (valve covers, plenum cover, etc) can usually be sold for around 20 bucks a piece. Body panels and glass can also be sold for some decent money. Then after all is said and done, fill the car with a bunch of scrap metal you find lying around and drag it to the metal recycler to make 150 bucks back.

• 1 month later...

People use the motors for swaps, im sure you can get rid of/fix the interior up and sell it, Seats you could use, I or someone else would take the clsd rear end, axles/shocks/springs could be used by a 300 guy...think about it theres enough but you might have to part a few pieces to make it worth it and know someone that will take it to the crusher afterwards

Sorry no, 300zx's didn't come with an CLSD until 4/87.