HybridZ

Windshield weatherstrip problem- black dragon auto

Wilson_WWSC

So, I had a black dragon auto weatherstrip kit, the interior hatch piece fits like crap, don't know how I'm going to fix it. The door pieces didn't even look remotely close, so I got some Kia Sportage ones. The hatch glass piece fit well. The windshield rubber also fit well... or so I thought. After putting the glass (and the trim) on the car, I noticed that there is a gap between weatherstrip and car frame on the upper passenger side corner. The inside looks like it is sealed (there is no light shining through). My question is, what's wrong? Is it poor installation, poor product, or will the rubber/glass wiggle itself back?

This is a common problem with aftermarket seals. I bought windshield, hatch, and door seals from Nissan

I thought that the Nissan OEM seals were NLA. If not, would you happen to know the part numbers you used? I would like to avoid using aftermarket seals if possible.

Ditto on the OE Nissan windshield gasket. It was strongly recommended to me by several people to go with OEM gaskets when dealing with glass. I just purchased one last summer for the windshield at my local Nissan dealer, however, be prepared to spend a lot more! My hatch glass is Black Dragon, and it fits ok...

Cheers

Ryan~

Guest Gr8White
The only "NOS" windshield weatherstrip I see on ebay right now is being sold by reddat so I would suggest looking elsewhere. I have a large suspicion those "NOS" parts he is selling are remanufactured.

If that name is not familiar you should check this tread:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=93170

Yep, I bought some "NOS" rivets from this cracker, the only thing to "NOS" that applied was the "N".......This guy would advertise a mint 1972 240Z as "NOS" if he thought he could get away with convincing you that he didn't roll the miles back to zero.. Very misleading stuff, he'll show you the NOS packaging but you won't get it in the packaging. Hmm....

Hey everyone, I now am working at Auto Glass place in sales. I was unsure about my install as well, when i was doing it myself. After speaking with one of the techs I found out it was install error. I was shown the correct way and now the gasket looks and works great! If your in socal I can help if not pm pictures and I will explain.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a pretty sizable gap in my gasket on the upper corner on my driver side so here is what i did.A black dragon geasket mind you.After about a week of looking at my work i noticed the gasket was sagging in that corner noticably so i re wet the entire gasket with soapy water like crazy andjust started messaging it around the entire gasket.just forcing it around really.let it dry and use silicone to seal and hold.