HybridZ

Mikuni Triples?

GMMTC

I typed up a big long answer but it didnt work so i will say this..."a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush." I will say that i bought a set of pistons for a good price (2 yrs ago when the market was up) and sold them now for the same price. When i bought them i thought "wow a good price and if i turbo my car these will work great" two years went by and my car isnt turbo so i figured i could use the cash and figured that it would help the other guy out....and to me thats exactly what this forum is about...Helping people out.

But whether or not you keep them remember they are only worth what someone will pay so any of you saying KEEP them theyre worth so much, would you buy them from him right now? If so then there you go sell for their listed price, if not then put a decent price on them (since they arent just bolt on and go, and alot are selling for 700-850 lately so maybe 1k at most with all the parts) But keep in mind and remind anyone buying them that they have been sitting and probably need a rebuild.

I will also say that when my dad bought his motor (a robello stroker) it came with tripples and everything ready to drop into the car. It had been in a storage unit for 6months to a year and a 510 guy wasnt using it so he spit out "come by with a grand cash and you can take it" Ofcourse we jumped all over it (as used robellos go for 2-4k and new are 5k+ ....its not always about getting what you can out of it especially if youre not using them.

I can agree with sticky280zx. A few years ago I went to buy a 5spd and was offered a set of 45mm SK racing carbs. We started going trough the how much do you want how much do you want to pay BS. When I was paying for the 5spd he offered the carbs for an additional $100. I jumped on them. So deals are out there, heck I didn't know they were not webers until I got home.

You get what the market will bear and the carb generation is getting older and smaller.

You get what the market will bear and the carb generation is getting older and smaller.

Definitely true, and as much as I have argued for the point of keeping them, I wanted to clarify that I'm just making the argument so the OP can make an informed decision; whether he keeps them for a while or sells them, or decides to use them, or holds them until all of a sudden he meets this beautiful woman with a younger brother whose got this rusted up Z car but he's always dreamed of it and he could get the girl by helping her little bro build some wicked cool hi-po ugly ratrod 240Z....... There is no "wrong" choice.

or holds them until all of a sudden he meets this beautiful woman with a younger brother whose got this rusted up Z car but he's always dreamed of it and he could get the girl by helping her little bro build some wicked cool hi-po ugly ratrod 240Z....... There is no "wrong" choice.

LOL that's one way to look at it.

I weighed my options, for the price I just can't justify keeping them because I can use the money in my build somewhere else. I'm going to clean them up, find out what intake manifold is on there and put them up for sale.

Because they will fetch a higher price in a better market.

A dollar now is worth more than a dollar 5 or 10 years from now. You're assuming some collector status will make these appreciate quickly.. I've seen enough of these carbs out there to know they aren't that rare, and I doubt very much that the appreciation you guys think you'll see will actually come to fruition.

Also of note, while the economy sucks for many right now, it's not the same everywhere in the world. As this is an international website, he may get a higher price from outside the US.

A dollar now is worth more than a dollar 5 or 10 years from now. You're assuming some collector status will make these appreciate quickly..

No! I was assuring the OP had a good idea what exactly he had in his hands!! Its a GOOD DEAL more than just some paper gaskets, a manifold and a carb!

I *thought* my numerous disclaimers might make it clear that I was playing devil's advocate and making the OP as completely well-informed to make his decision as could be.