HybridZ

Mikuni Triples?

GMMTC

I bought a '73 240z last fall and it came with a ton of extra parts, I started to go through the boxes, the first box had this mikuni triple carb setup and a bunch of sealed oem nissan/datsun boxes and bags (oil pump, fuel pump, intake gaskets, various rubber mount looking things). I'm planning to do a RB20DET swap so I'm not really interested in it but I'm not too sure exactly what I have and what might be missing from the setup?

I found a gasket kit in the box and the back says Z70-1044 Gasket Kit 44PHH, so am I safe to assume these are 44mm carbs?

mikunia.jpg

How much would this setup be worth if I were to sell it?

-Thanks, Robby

I'd hang on to those, you have mikuni 44's with velocity stacks, old school borg warner air cleaners, two jet kits and a rebuild kit. I would say dollar wise about $1200

Holy crap, that's more than I paid for the whole car! The rebuild kit is open so I'm not too sure if 100% of the contents are there and the mesh on one of the air filters needs to be straitened.

How much did you pay for the car?

well $1k, plus $300 to get my truck worthy to make the 1700km round trip to pick the car up, diesel fuel and trailer rental. So I guess I'm into it about $1,600. But I guess the truck needed the maintenance anyways :P

I remember someone, putting a set of tripples on his rb25 a couple years back, but i don't remember what manifold he used or what he did.

lol that's crazy, half the reason I want to go with the newer nissan engine is to gain the benefit of fuel injection. Especially since I want to run a turbo setup. But good for him!

I posted in the welcome section with pics of my car and some more information.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=158965

I sold a set of 44's in bolt em on and run em shape with a ton of jets and (better) air cleaner and linkage, the How to Modify book, a Unisyn tool and some misc extras for $1250. I thought I'd get $1800 or $2000. What you have in this market is probably $1000 worth of goodies. Whether you sell now or hang onto them is up to you.

That pretty much is everything you could need...

Of course, with a set of triples, you can never have a wide enough variety, nor an adequate stock of jets. Those are the binary digits used to tune your metered fuel leaks, right there!!!

I'm the type of guy who hoards and packrats stuff as second nature, so my typical advice would be in favor of "hanging on to it" whatever it might be, and whatever "times might be like..."

...but even so, rationally, and from an objective point of view, you will make more money selling that if you wait for the market in general to improve. It will always be easy to sell in the future, and the price you can ask sure isn't dropping any time soon.

Personally, I'm not sure why you'd keep parts that don't support your end goals. I'm sure you could find a good home for them and use the cash on your project.

Because they will fetch a higher price in a better market.

I wouldn't push this point if it was just a set of triples with a manifold and some new gaskets, but the jetting kit and the scope of the parts included makes this Box O' Parts a premium item, and nobody is paying such premium prices right now:

I sold a set of 44's in bolt em on and run em shape with a ton of jets and (better) air cleaner and linkage, the How to Modify book, a Unisyn tool and some misc extras for $1250. I thought I'd get $1800 or $2000. What you have in this market is probably $1000 worth of goodies. Whether you sell now or hang onto them is up to you.

Now, whether or not the OP holds them or sells them, is up to him (obviously) but I was answering the question. If he would rather be rid of them and get his shelf space back as soon as possible, then sell it. If you've got the space, and you'd rather maximize your selling price, it would be worthwhile to hold it.