HybridZ

fender flare

Guest Anonymous

I have them opn mine and I can tell you that you will need to glass them in. You will also have to cut the inner fender out in order for you to get a wider tire not to rub. This is a long and painfull process and should not be taken lightly... Mine were installed by a professional, so I can't tell you exaclty how it was done, but you will have to prepare to cut some of the body away to make them truly finctional.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Mike,

I have a few questions about your flares.

What size (width) & offset wheel were you running in the pictures posted in the Featured Rides? I've got a set of semi-chessy Eagle's that stick out of the OEM fender wells quite a bit. Don't believe me? Go ahead, check out my last picture in the members rides. Go on now, I'll wait...

...pretty nasty, isn't it. Don't worry I only drive those wheels and tires at the track. Anyway, I just want to be 100% sure that the flares are going to cover up the tires. The rims I got are 15 x 8 with a 3.25" back spacing. I really wanted to go with at least 3.5" or even 3.75" (I got coil overs) but the price difference in wheels was over a $100 just for the offset.

Any information on what you've got would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Andy

Andy,

My rear flares are the street flare offered by motorsport auto and are 3inches wide. The wheels I have are 15x8 with 4 inches back spacing. The flares cover the wheel and tire combo easily and because I'm upgrading to wider 17s I checked for additional clearance. No problems!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk