HybridZ

Questions on L28ET stud kit

I'd figured as much, yeah I hate paying other people but when you don't have the time and your working like me everyday I can't do things on my own, I just wanted to know cuz Ima be doing the swap in my ZX soon and yeah a guy from a Nissan dealer that has his own shop is doing the swap for $500 bucks which is not bad at all he's got a S30 but has done a lot of work on all kinds of Z's.

About how long you think the gasket would last if I don't do the stud kit?

the last owner of the 83 280zx turbo i bought in december told me it would be a good idea to do the stud kit too, yeah he said that if i dont do it i will keep blowing those gaskets even if i get a high end gasket it wont matter, but yeah your right sence its not that expensive i will buy it.

i'm thinking of using my rebuild L28ET instead of the one that was in the running car cuz even though the car has 70k+ miles it dont mean its in good shape it does smoke a little but but if you saw the rebuild from inside that thing looks like new.

the last owner of the 83 280zx turbo i bought in december told me it would be a good idea to do the stud kit too, yeah he said that if i dont do it i will keep blowing those gaskets even if i get a high end gasket it wont matter, but yeah your right sence its not that expensive i will buy it.

i'm thinking of using my rebuild L28ET instead of the one that was in the running car cuz even though the car has 70k+ miles it dont mean its in good shape it does smoke a little but but if you saw the rebuild from inside that thing looks like new.

If you're blowing head gaskets, there is another problem. The bolts hold up quite well even in modified engines.

But if you're in there and looking to upgrade to future proof, Studs are a little nicer than the bolts. Just don't expect them to solve blowing head gaskets.