HybridZ

I didn't want that stuff anyway!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Some worthless turd burgling piece of crap threw a cement block through my window, hitting the door on the way, and proceeded to rip my center console in half and mindlessly cut wires in the dash to remove my stereo so he presumably could buy some more male prostitutes.

Anyone got a 73 center console they'd let go for a reasonable price?

Will any other years fit in a 73?

------------------

Morgan

http://z31.com/~morgan/s30

http://carfiche.com

Guest Anonymous

hate to hear it happened to ya bud. well i have a center console from a 76 280 here but it has a crack where the ash tray is. very fixable. i tell ya what, e-mail me at crdu@earthlink.net and i will see if we can work out a good deal for ya. the console is just an extra so i mean a really good deal. later, chris

Guest Frank280z

Sorry to hear that Morgan. I've gotten ripped before and it sucks. Every dog has his day. As its said. These low lives will find that out when it comes......Frank

Yea, you really have to wonder about pieces of scum like that. Doesn't seem to matter if you live in a good neighborehood or not.. I have all kinds of traffic come through my 'hood, a nice little suburban community, but it still gets lots of traffic... I have let it be known in the 'hood that I have a carry permit, and I love shooting my LARGE CALIBER concealled hand gun... My immediate neighbores love me... everyone else leaves me alone..

Sorry to hear about that Morgan, sounds like you will be in for a new paint job... might want to invest in a garage as well... God I hate hearing this...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

I don't think they'd let me build a garage at work though!

Almost a year ago my 300zx was broken into at work also, and a few months before that a girl's jeep was stolen from the parking lot in broad daylight. It was within sight of the front door too!

Perhaps I need to pick up a cheap police trade-in pistol that I don't care about so I can carry it on me and exercise my rights.

------------------

Morgan

Guest Anonymous

hey morgan i know your pain oh too well. i had a mustang that i had oh about $20,000. in and some slim ball broke into it not once or twice but three times. well i got the last laugh and he got a trip to the hospital to have his two fingers on his left hand sewn on and 48 stitches in his palm.

here is how it happened. after the second time i was really pissed so i got another radio and sodiered razor blades to the back. they were pushing the radio from the back of the console and just popping it out. well when he did it the last time he hit it with his left palm and cut his first two fingers off and severe cuts to his palm. all i heard was a bunch of screaming and then he passed out. i called the cops and the ambulance which they could have taken their time. but they found his fingers and rushed him in. i don't recommend it because it seems the criminals have more rights than the people who follow the law. i paid dearly for it but i bet he will think twice about touching my cars again. i told him next time he will lose more than a finger. well that's my story. i sent an e-mail back about the console andif i can help with anything else then let me know. later, chris

Well I have no sympathy for the criminal in the razor blade story, nothing ever happens to most criminals who steal car stereos . Did you get charged for the razor blades ??

A good dose of cayenne pepper spray is friggin nasty, and will not hurt the person later on . It is something he will never forget !!

Guest Anonymous

Condolences Morgan, I've had some ripped off through breaking the window as well. To lazy or stupid to use a slim jim I guess.

Yeah its amazing to me that someone in the act of something criminal has rights. In my opinion they have the right to leave my stuff alone, they have the right to live as long as they leave my stuff alone, and they have the right to avoid lead poisoning if they do leave my stuff alone. I'll tell ya, the states with right to carry laws are looking better to move to already. Hmm, Arizona... warm, right to carry firearms, 75 mph speed limit. I'm liking it more all the time.

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Sorry to hear about that...

FWIW, it's a global problem. I live in an inner-urban area and while the Z hasn't been stuffed around with yet, my everyday driver gets parked on the street. And has the scars to prove it. We live a couple of doors down from a pub and every now and then you'll get some heightened spirits wandering by.... Let alone the other chemically fuelled people going to/from the local clubs....

Guest Anonymous

hey clint, to answer your question yes i did get charged. i got charged because he can't use the two fingers well and claims he can't work. i said that if he had a job he wouldn't be breaking into my car. he got a nice $40,000.00 out of me. i told him next time it will be death that way he couldn't sue me. that is why i said criminals have more rights than law biding citizens. sorry i couldn't help i didn't know that there was a difference in the consoles between 73 and 76. after checking into it there is alot of difference as to style. i know a few people here with 240Z and i will ask them if they have one. if they do then if you pay the shipping then i will send it to ya. just trying to help a fellow Z man in a bad time. later, chris

quote:

Originally posted by 76 280Z speeder:

hey clint, to answer your question yes i did get charged. i got charged because he can't use the two fingers well and claims he can't work. i said that if he had a job he wouldn't be breaking into my car. he got a nice $40,000.00 out of me. i told him next time it will be death that way he couldn't sue me. that is why i said criminals have more rights than law biding citizens. sorry i couldn't help i didn't know that there was a difference in the consoles between 73 and 76. after checking into it there is alot of difference as to style. i know a few people here with 240Z and i will ask them if they have one. if they do then if you pay the shipping then i will send it to ya. just trying to help a fellow Z man in a bad time. later, chris

Unfortunately the law is this way in most of the country. Mostly because you clearly intended to cause harm to the thief. Conversly, if you roll over someone in your Ford Extravagation while talking on your cell phone, nothing happens because you didn't mean to.

I bet if you posted a sign saying "This car may be armed with dangerous booby-traps" you'd be okay.

Or perhaps sharpen some of the metal back there in a subtle way so they could not prove intent...maybe I shouldn't continue this thought in a public forum smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

" Really officer, I didn't know I had that huge charged capacitor sitting back there behind the stereo!"

tongue.gif

Lone

[This message has been edited by lonehdrider (edited November 21, 2000).]

Guest Anonymous

Morgan,

I have a console in Bham, Alabama, that you can have. It is not perfect and it is out of a '77. I was just going to scrap it with some other stuff. It does have some cracks. But, it is free and could be repaired with a little time and patience.

Craig

Being a former federal police officer I can tell you that the problem isn't with laws on the books, rather how they are currently interprited and also the litigious society we live in. Sounds like Chris' issues resolved more from the litigation side of the house... Meaning a civil suit for his boobytrap. For what its worth I would have done the same thing.

Years ago a guy broke into my parents house while I was naked in the shower with my girlfriend enjoying time alone together... He was armed and we were naked.. Fortunately for him He heard us before I could get to my gun... The picture I'm trying to paint here is this guy running out the back door, me chasing after him buck naked with a 357 Magnum and shooting while running... He got away, but not for lack of effort on my part.. We had about 4 inches of snow on the ground that night to! Can you say immediate shrinkage? Anyway, bottom line is if you are being victimized, and you choose to defend yourself (And I was told this by several Lawyers and Commonwealths attorneys over the years) make sure you do not just wound the person victimizing you. It is much harder for the family of a criminal to get a judgement in court than it is for the criminal to plead his own case!

Should I be saying this in a public forum? HELL YES. Don't be a willing victim if you can help it!

Mike the gun toating thug!

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

lonehdrider, that is a very good idea smile.gif

damn, i can't get to any of my old websites to post a pic i just made: it seems that the virginia license plate "BE WARND" is available.

As a neighbor always says "Leave no witnesses, especially in the case of the assailant" This guy had fired employees after him and walked around his house and yard 24 hours a day with his Walther wink.gif. Coincidence is he used to work for the DMA in Bethesda (now NIMA)

Hmm. Sharpened EXISTING metal around the back of the dash. wink.gif.

Guest Anonymous

I'm driving home last night and sparks start flying from the passenger footwell, he left some hot wires hanging apparently.

Then I noticed later that they left a nice dent in the roof, looks like they hit the roof from the inside when they were swinging away with the cinder block at my dash.

------------------

Morgan