HybridZ

Body Conversion and Paint Color Helo

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Please Help

Iwould like to know where I could purchase the body conversion parts and the exact paint color (sky blue?) on Rick Marcus (Fast Frog)1976 280z car posted as Zcar feature of the month in HybridZ. Can anyone help??

With the utmost respect intended:

Im sure fast frog worked hard to get his car to look like it does. I kinda doubt hes going to throw out his paint code etc....

Dont get me wrong its a really good compliment, but its one of those personal things.

There was some tool telling me he would copy my car to the T and his would be better. What a dick. Anyways, i changed the hue on all the pics of my car you guys have ever seen. Therefore he really cant copy MY car, just the pictures. (dude this is NOT in reference to you, im just venting!!!!)

Evan

PS as far as color goes, head out to the paint shop and start looking at paint chips. Man once you find your color and fall in love with it, Its yours!

FWIW - I looked into the "Mystic" style paints - there are a ton of them and they can be had for less than what HOK wants for them. I spent DAYS looking through paint books - lot's of neato' colors out there. Find a friendly paint shop and look through their books but do it in the DAYLIGHT only - trust me. HOK sells paint schip books too - big bux tho'.

Personally, having someone try to duplicate my car would be a compliment and you'd better believe I've taken tips and tricks from other cars starting with Mike K's 'glass bumpers smile.gif I've got a spoiler much like his too but skipped the whale tail as I didn't want to dupe his car. I'm also real attracted to the TSW wheels on a car we've seen here - orange in color close to mine. Basically, if I like it I'll emulate it but I won't be such a jerk as to think mine will be better and if I did I certainly wouldn't say so. Credit where credit is due - I'll tell anyone where I got the ideas for my car...

Lets face it guys, the reason we bought Zs is because they are unique and you don't see a lot of them, and they are sporty as hell even in stock form. If this guy copies Ricks car without seeing it up close and personal, does it really matter? Rick will still have his personal touch on his car. I mean it isn't like the guy lives in colorado.... They won't be seen in the same parking lot... Maybe he plans to use different spoilers and wheels, which will be more than enough to change the look of the car... I understand if Rick doesn't want to give his paint code out, no harm there, but hell Ricks car is SWEET to look at... Why wouldn't someone want to copy it???

I'm with Pete, if you want to copy mine, just say the word... paint code and all part numbers can be had!

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk