HybridZ

Fiberglass repair

Arif

Get a dremel or die grinder set up, grind out the crack a bit, rough it up. Then apply new mat/resin over the crack, (probably want it on the backside too) and sand it out.

Probably the most important part is to make sure your surface is good and rough before you apply new glass, as it will stick a bunch better.

I've had good sucess with this method. If you needed to do some fine filling there is no reason you couldn't use a plastic or fibreglass body filler as well. (again, surface prep is important)

------------------

Drax240z

1972 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.home.net/drax77/newpage.html

NOT SURE IF I GET WHAT YOU MEAN BY STOP DRILL CRACKS BUT IM HAVING SIMULAR PROBLEM WITH MY FIBERGLASS FRONT END. I DEVELOPED CRACKS AROUND HEADLIGHT CASE. UNFORTUNATLY AFTER BODY SHOP PREPPED AND PAINTED MY VEHICLE THIS HAPPENED. ALSO PROBABLY CAUSED BY NO GIVE IN SUSPENSION UP FRONT. TOO DANG STIFF, THAT AND RAILROAD TRACKS DO NOT GO GOOD TOGETHER. CAN YOU SAY HARD BOUNCE OF THE HEAD OFF THE CEILING. MY WIFE SAYS THATS WHATS WRONG WITH ME. I WONT EVEN MENTION WHAT SHE HAS SAID ABOUT THE CAR ITSELF..@#$%&!@@!!!!!

Z/FAN...MIKE

Guest Anonymous

Stop drilling the cracks is just drilling a hole where the crack ends thus stopping the crack. Its done with metal as well. Its a good idea.

Lone