HybridZ

Michigan Z owners, Sign in!

Heathhh

Since i've joined Hybridz, i've found myself to have never seen another Michigan located member. You have people that sometimes ask for help from a lending hand thats "in the area" but so far for me i don't see that as a possibility yet, for i haven't seen another member from here.

I then thought, well to see if there is even ANY or another Michigan Z owner on Hybridz, i should create a thread giving the chance for just Michigan owners to just sign in, and get to know each other possibly and maybe even become buddies in the long run.

Not only that, but if any parts are needed and you rather not ship it (you know what i mean) then you can send a PM to a guy you met on here and get some help! Who knows, you might even find this thread useful.

I hope i see at least a COUPLE people sign in, or else i fear that im the only one here! :roll:

several on the 'map'...

Tawas/Alabaster for a couple weeks a year, driving through Grand Rapids on the way up and back, usually.

Other than that, I came to my senses years ago and went with sunny warm weather year round, and abundant employment opportunities. I visit, because I'm employed.

• 1 month later...

Just found this and felt like bumping it cause I'd like to meet some other Z people around here. I've still yet to see another S30 besides mine ever. Heathhh, where in Michigan are you?

I felt it was a mistake opening this thread because it was so dead!

I live North Muskegon. How about yourself?

Edited by Heathhh

sure that counts if you come up some time with your Z B)

The West Michigan Z club from what i have seen is very poorly maintained and isn't much left to it. But thats my impression from trying to join the club online and talk to an admin without any luck. In fact, their last update was a year ago. I was really looking forward to taking a stroll with another Z owner...

Reminds me too, since i live North Muskegon and haven't seen a Z up there besides myself i was astonished when i saw a "Devil Z" which had a pretty nice exhaust sound with some black fender flares and a red body. Some 240z or 260z from what i noticed shortly because it had stormed down my street while i was in awe with my jaw dropped. :lol:

I used to be in Michigan but I've moved on the other side of the ocean ;)

On the board, you have Tim in Dearborn that have a E85 L6 Turbo pushing way over 500whp.

There's also the previous owner of my Z, Jeff, he is more on Classiczcars than HBZ, he still has a s30.

Besides those members I've met some Z guys over there, either on the roads or on a parking lot. I've seen also some heavily modified Z at the Dream Cruise, so there're other ones hiding ;)

Yeah i agree, they are hiding. I never knew how many classics and vintage's are out here North Muskegon and even further up North. Just yesterday i saw a beautiful orange Charger, don't know what year but it looked 70's. Again about a few days ago, i saw a black Mazda Miata. Real nice, had some rear hatch louvers and the paint looked fairly new. Not too into those models but it's still a nice car.

Down in GR where i had used to live, i haven't seen that many classics as many as i have seen here just within the last couple months (not counting scheduled events, but rather normal driving). I kinda of feel welcome here :lol:

The guy right across the street has a 1970's mustang i believe. Likely a Mach 1, and in wonderful perfect condition. I hope someday maybe he will let me take a closer look cause mustangs are still one of my favorite cars.

Anyways that is a side note of Michigan classic cars presence that are out there, just in hiding.

This thread is slowly building to say the least. Hopefully this summer or sometime in the future a cruise can happen with some Michigan Z owners.

That also reminds me, the 28th Street Metro Cruise is real nice place to see classics. Not too many classic Z's from what i have heard and seen though but many many other beautiful vehicles. I plan on attending this year if they have it.

I'm done rambling now, :rolleyes:

Hopefully this summer or sometime in the future a cruise can happen with some Michigan Z owners.

This needs to happen. I really want to see some more Zs and meet some more Z enthusiasts. I also need to actually see an S30 other than mine.

This needs to happen. I really want to see some more Zs and meet some more Z enthusiasts. I also need to actually see an S30 other than mine.

There is always the Grand Rapids/Wyoming, 28th Street Metro Cruise. I believe they do so in August. I am planning on going there with my Z, almost positively but cannot be sure because it is still a ways off.

I will be planning on going, you should plan on going as well and we would be able to meet up.

-Just encountered a cracked gasket, believe it is the head gasket. Taking it all apart now. Came out of nowhere for me and the exact opposite of the outcome i was looking for when i replaced many hoses and cleaned connections to cure the vacuum leak.