HybridZ

Will a RB30 Flywheel fit a L24/28 crank

Noddle

Nissan is VERY standardized with their parts offerings (I liken it to an SBC!) My son's L20B has the old 225mm flywheel off the 240's that I usually throw away. That should hold up just fine in his wagon forever. Fit just fine in the tranny and when it was time to put that Z tranny on there...."like a glove!"

I did a little bit of counter research once upon a time and discovered that Subaru uses clutches with the same spline count and dimension as the L-series as well. At the time I made a bit of noise here (and on my Subaru forum) that the gearboxes are made by the same folks, and the clutches would probably interchange... but I have never even been close to having a chance to check it out.

Any chance someone here would happen to have access to both makes to check this out?

How much torque is your turbo L24 making? The fact you are using a 225mm flywheel probably has nothing to do with the slippage. Probably it's just a weak pressure plate. I've seen L28 turbos make over 330ft-lbs at the wheels with a 225mm Fidanza flywheel and Centerforce clutch.

Sounds to me like you just need a better clutch.

As far as using an RB30 flywheel on an L series, has anyone taken measurements to confirm that it will work (diameter, tooth pitch, offset, etc.)?

Pete

DITTO, I was 325/350 on a 225mm and had no slippage issues...

...Subaru uses clutches with the same spline count and dimension as the L-series as well. At the time I made a bit of noise here (and on my Subaru forum) that the gearboxes are made by the same folks...

The rear ends are also made by the same company, Fuji Heavy Industries, just as a tidbit of information to know.

A great option for your middle of the run boosted L on the street, an organic stock style disk with a heavier pressure plate is the way to go for drivability while being able to hold the power when you need to do things on the cheap. Can be done with a 225mm clutch without issue, so you might only need to pay shipping on a pressure plate and retain a stock flywheel if you want.

Not saying it's the best performance option, but it's viable if you're needing to hold the power on a budget.