HybridZ

Vg30et starting problems

Dadaluma

Hello everybody I am currently trying to put a vg30 in my 72. I have the engine from the z31 out of the car with harness attached, the engine ran great before i pulled it out of the car. Now even with everything attahed the engine cranks, fuel pump primes, engine rotates but will not fire. I am just looking for suggestions, as i have been chewking wires for 6 hours with no results. does anybody have any suggestions?

-cheers James

I left that post 2 days ago I now have ascertained that all plugs are working. heres what I know the fuel rail is basically empty when i pulled regulator off, no fuel out of rail return line, when i pulled the line from fuel pump to regulator it sprayed gasoline everywhere like it was under extreme pressure, also no smell of gas when cranking at all(straight pipe). so I now believe that that the fpr is blocking the fuel from the rail and

building extreme pressure between tank and fpr. also fuel pump sounds kinda strained/making strange noises. what do you guys think?, thanks again z31ss

- cheers James

Ok, so you have fuel pressure and you have spark right? I would check to make sure your injectors are firing. This can be tested by using a NOID light or even a test light will do in a pinch. Unplug the two pin connector going to one fuel injector (any one will do) and connect a test light between the two wires. The light should blink while you are cranking the engine. If it doesn't blink you have no power to the injectors and it's time to check your wiring again.

*******WAIT!!! I just re-read the post and figured out that you may have your fuel feed line going to the wrong place!!! You said you disconnected the fuel FEED line from the REGULATOR, right? That is NOT where the feed line goes my friend! The RETURN line comes from the regulator side. You had it absolutely correct when you described that the FPR is blocking fuel from the pump to the rail. It is. You need to swap your feed and return lines and then everything should be fine.

Edited by Glitch
just re-read the post and figured it out

hey guys swapped the fuel lines and fired up almost immediately, it is so funny how i could be so careful with connecting all of the wiring and do something like hook up the fuel lines backwards, anyways here is a pic and a video.

0117000017a.jpg my car the engine is going into.

hey guys swapped the fuel lines and fired up almost immediately, it is so funny how i could be so careful with connecting all of the wiring and do something like hook up the fuel lines backwards, anyways here is a pic and a video.

0117000017a.jpg my car the engine is going into.

i was just going to tell you to swap the lines that's what it sounded like to me till i seen you fixed it on your own