HybridZ

s130 vortec 4.3 LF6

Calico

Yep, US Spec only. The S130 has heavier bumpers, doors, hatch, rear suspension and hood. It's really a dumb question because anyone concerned about weight never goes for a late ZX-GL or a late S30. Both are real odd-ball cars because if you want light you go with the 79ZX(non-GL) or the 240(or early 1973 260Z). Since he has a beefy late 280ZX-GL then more torque of the V8 is worth the zero additional effort and zero additional cost...

I like how this thread turned into another "S30 is better than S130 because of the weight thread" XD

anyways, who said they have a late 280ZX-GL? I know I didn't, since I've got a '79 non-GL 5-speed car lol

Guest Rolling Parts
...who said they have a late 280ZX-GL? I know I didn't, since I've got a '79 non-GL 5-speed car lol

Because that's what the originator of this thread, (Calico) has, I suppose.

His sig was "LOOKING 4 A NICE ROLLING CHASSIS 280ZX w/t-tops and power rack and pinion" and a JTR conversion. The S30 JTR kit works identically in the ZX and, because the car weighs more, it's always been the route to add the V8 (which is why there is so little info on the American V6).

No one ever said anything about "better, just that there is no downside in using the full V8 in the ZX chassis.

• 4 months later...

hmmmm, I have a 79 s130 and if I'm not mistaken, it's lighter in factory form than any other z in factory form, I however have gutted the interior and all that jazz and am seriously thinking of dropping a 351 windsor in there to see what it does. Hoping to show all the vette owners around here a thing or 2

• 2 weeks later...

i dont really care about the weight, stop thread jackin. The thread is about swapping a 4.3 in the less used bastardized s130. is there anyone on the forums who has a 4.3 zx on the forums? whats the deal with the zx steering box or what ever it is that gets in the