HybridZ

new to this forum and new to the z community

S30rb25

i am picking up my 72' 240z this weekend, and im am ordering my rb25det swap on the 20th for it. i have a few questions about this swap i know there is a lot of info in the rb section i still wanna ask this anyways so dont crucify me. once i get the swap i plan on using the mckinney mounts and some of their other products. now with their mounts is it possible to use the stock rb25 oil pan without any further modification? any info on this would be much appreciated, and if the stock pan wont work could you tell me where to get one that will work

that looks like a very well made pan. what about the pickup

Thanks, It's 100% tig welded. The pickup is included in the price. The kit comes with the custom pan, pickup and sealant to seal it all up. Everything you will need.

Thanks, It's 100% tig welded. The pickup is included in the price. The kit comes with the custom pan, pickup and sealant to seal it all up. Everything you will need.

Pat is making the pans for I think anybody doing their RB swap that doesn't have the skills/want to make a pan themselves or pay a shop to make one for like 15 bajillion dollars.

cool that would save me a lot of stress induced headaches and sleepless nights lol how much time would you need to make one?

It all depends how fast you need it. This one I'm doing now I'm almost done and it's taking me 3 days to complete. I would say if everything goes right like the one I'm doing now less than 7 days.

I'm going to order the motor swap this weekend, has anyone dealt with jdm racing motors before. from what i can tell by talking to them a few times they seam to have good customer service and real fast response times to my email questions, just wondering about the quality of their stuff. im getting the motor trans ecu uncut harness mafs and ignitor chips out of a r33 for 2095 shipped. is that a good price? Oh and ill try and take some pics of the 240 tonight or tomorrow

This is what I get for over thinking things, my original plan was right after I got the z is too order the rb25 but now I'm thinking if I should get like the suspension brakes fuel stuff first. Cause the way I was thinking at first is get the most or one of the most expensive pieces first. So those of you that have done this swap before what route would you take.