HybridZ

Let the "what flares/air dam is that?" threads begin... again.

CORPCRIM

Beautiful car. I love ZG flares and I love this car.

The body looks like a "kit" although I'm sure a competent fiberglass man could create something similar. I'll take three, thank you.

The only thing puzzling me about the car is the from radiator support. I would love to hear John Coffey's take on that and what it does for front end rigidity. It seems to me that a solid bar (no hinges or links) would be better. The stock radiator support, although weak looking, does help firm up the front of a Z car. I'm wondering about that strut bar being used in it's place??? My question is whether or not this is truly acceptable as a replacement. Is it ideal? I'd love to know.

TskTA-021.jpg

Davy

Edited by DavyZ

We've had some previous discussions about cutting the radiator support out. The general consensus was that if you beef up the part from the strut towers back (or on a Z from the sway bar mounts back) then the core support isn't necessary and so something like you see here might not be a bad idea. If you just cut it out of a stock vehicle you'd have major problems, because that box holds the ends of the upper and lower framerails.

Nice looking car!

We've had some previous discussions about cutting the radiator support out. The general consensus was that if you beef up the part from the strut towers back (or on a Z from the sway bar mounts back) then the core support isn't necessary and so something like you see here might not be a bad idea. If you just cut it out of a stock vehicle you'd have major problems, because that box holds the ends of the upper and lower framerails.

Nice looking car!

With the amount of cage and chassis mods that car has, I don't think the core support is necessary for strength anymore.