HybridZ

Playing with powder coating today

audandash

Cool oven!

It looks like you used the controls and elements from a regular oven. What's the box made from?

I need to re-bush my suspention parts and thought I would blast and powder coat them while I was at it. I'm looking at the Eastwood dual voltage gun.

Derek

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did use the controls and elements from a double oven I picked up off of craigslist, but it's just to get me by until I upgrade to a PID style controller.

The box is something I found in the junkyard when I went down to buy all of my sheet metal and tubing to build the frame! It was a few inches off of my intended size, so I saved quite a bit of money. I lined the steel box with steel studs and mineral wool. The interior is a piece bent from a sheet of 20ga riveted onto the studs.

The eastwood dual voltage gun is seriously overpriced in my opinion. I started out with the hot coat they sell, which is fine for single coats and hobby work. Then I upgraded to the Kool Koat 3.0 DWP from columbiacoatings.com to do primers/clears/candies/translucents/ multiple coats in general.

I haven't offered my services up here yet, since I've been pretty busy with it locally, but I did do some valve covers for Joel's RB26 a little while ago :)

Edited by cockerstar

I did use the controls and elements from a double oven I picked up off of craigslist, but it's just to get me by until I upgrade to a PID style controller.

The box is something I found in the junkyard when I went down to buy all of my sheet metal and tubing to build the frame! It was a few inches off of my intended size, so I saved quite a bit of money. I lined the steel box with steel studs and mineral wool. The interior is a piece bent from a sheet of 20ga riveted onto the studs.

The eastwood dual voltage gun is seriously overpriced in my opinion. I started out with the hot coat they sell, which is fine for single coats and hobby work. Then I upgraded to the Kool Koat 3.0 DWP from columbiacoatings.com to do primers/clears/candies/translucents/ multiple coats in general.

I haven't offered my services up here yet, since I've been pretty busy with it locally, but I did do some valve covers for Joel's RB26 a little while ago :)

a bit overpriced, i agree. but man, that kool koat is amazing i must say. super even coatings, no clogging, no chunking. best gun ive used!

sick job btw, absolutely awsome!

when i get a bigger oven, im going to be doing alot of valve covers i keep having to turn away.

black mirror chrome ftw!

Edited by rbpowered280z

What are you using for a hopper setup?

I have their standard 1lb hoppers, and I just picked to their vibratory stand, but haven't had a chance to set it up yet. I want to make a stand/cart that will hold the gun, the stand, an air dryer, and have some space for accessories.

It is a great gun! I picked mine up after it had been used for a month for a little more than half of retail, so I think I paid a pretty fair price for it ;)

It is an awesome gun so far! The DWP feature is awesome for cage areas!

I'm really glad to have the oven up now!

I get a lot of requests for 18"+ wheels, and I'll be able to do those now without any problems.

Making an oven, especially if you plan on using a hanging rack inside to support all of the weight, is a pretty simple affair if you have the right tools.