HybridZ

New Spoiler, With some Z-Car History!!!!!!!!!!!

MichaelZcar

Hey Michael, are you still accepting orders for the "special price"? I know someone who would like to get in on this deal if it's still open. biggrin.gif

Hi Michael,

I am that someone. Just picked up my car on Saturday and found out about this deal today. If it is still available, this would be perfect for my car. Let me know. I tried to PM you, but it said you were not set up or something.

Thanks,

Marty

Edited by WindyCityZnut

I guess I bought something other than a BRE spoiler too off ebay... Mine measures about 5" but that was with a ruler I had laying around so that 3/8" is probably being left out. I don't know if MSA ones will come like mine but mine was hollow... As in like no studs or anything. What I did was fill it with that expandable foam stuff used around outdoor fittings, think its called Great Stuff. While I was wet I put 3 pieces of wood in them. Let It dry, and then sand down smooth, only took like 10 minutes of sanding since its foam. Then I bought 8 "hanger bolts" which is a wood screw on one side and a threaded end on the other. Wrench those into the wood, drill into the hatch... :[ and then tighten the nuts. Its working fine now but I always tell people not to lean on it or anything because the wood will become loose within the foam. If the spoiler ever comes off the hatch, I will have 8 nasty looking holes showing.

CIMG1349.jpg

If you got it off eBay, that explains alot biggrin.gif

I'm sure it's NOT a MSA Victory spoiler. You probably got a homemade one. I've seen some on eBay in the past. Some people will make a mold from an original spoiler with fiberglass and fabricate knock-offs, which is probably what you ended up with. I hope you didn't pay alot for yours.

If you got it off eBay, that explains alot biggrin.gif

I'm sure it's NOT a MSA Victory spoiler. You probably got a homemade one. I've seen some on eBay in the past. Some people will make a mold from an original spoiler with fiberglass and fabricate knock-offs, which is probably what you ended up with. I hope you didn't pay alot for yours.

Nah it was less than $100. So long ago I can't even remember. Besides, no big deal, I have a 5+ inch tall one now, like the Victory design! :] Yay I fit in, kind of. Even if it was a proper MSA one, I wouldn't trust people using it as a grab bar to open and close the hatch. Its fiberglass, it will break.

Edited by josh817

I asked the question in a previous post. Sent him an email a couple days ago and got no response. So, I guess the answer is no.

Marty

Hey Marty & EvilC, I called their 800 number the other day to see if mine was shipped yet. It was not, so I was able to order some other misc. Z parts, and have them include it in the same box as the spoiler (no additional shipping). I asked if the group buy for HBZ was still in effect. The guy on the phone (not Michael) said yes. They just needed a minimum of 10 orders to get started. Since they are still making the spoilers, they will take more HBZ orders for now. I'd call the 800-633-6331 and identify yourself as wanting in on the HybridZ group buy.

Hey Marty & EvilC, I called their 800 number the other day to see if mine was shipped yet. It was not, so I was able to order some other misc. Z parts, and have them include it in the same box as the spoiler (no additional shipping). I asked if the group buy for HBZ was still in effect. The guy on the phone (not Michael) said yes. They just needed a minimum of 10 orders to get started. Since they are still making the spoilers, they will take more HBZ orders for now. I'd call the 800-633-6331 and identify yourself as wanting in on the HybridZ group buy.

Are they back ordered? I would need to get one fairly quick.

It's good that this is still available. Thanks for confirming that.

Since I don't know how often Michael checks his personal email, I'd just call their 800# to find out.

Well, I called MSA and they would no longer honor that price. I ended up getting a discount based on another Z Club discount at $157.46. That was close enough for me. They quoted 7-10 days for shipment. I sure hope it isn't much longer than that. I need it for a track weekend on April 17th.

Well, I called MSA and they would no longer honor that price. I ended up getting a discount based on another Z Club discount at $157.46. That was close enough for me. They quoted 7-10 days for shipment. I sure hope it isn't much longer than that. I need it for a track weekend on April 17th.

That's only $8.46 more, so I think you still got a deal. I hope you do get it in time. I'm curious as to see how it helps ya on the track.