HybridZ

Instant email notification

leftover z

I have my setting checked for instant email notification, but am not getting anything when a reply is posted. Also, I can't find any of my "subscribed links". I tried looking everywhere, but it shows "empty" or no watched threads. Am I missing something? I didn't have these problems until the changeover.

Yes, I am still trying...

• Administrators

Is anyone else having these problems ? willy_nilly.gif

Thats odd. Try this.

Logout of the forums.

Then try and login again except this time use the "forgot password" option.

Check your email, did you get a password reset email?

Oh, don't click the link in the email if you got it, just ignore it.

Thats odd. Try this.

Logout of the forums.

Then try and login again except this time use the "forgot password" option.

Check your email, did you get a password reset email?

Oh, don't click the link in the email if you got it, just ignore it.

Dan,

I followed your instructions. Still do not have any "managed links". I even went into a few I remembered, clicked the button to stop following the link, then clicked on the follow this link button, and hit the immediate email reply. I got an email when you first replied, but it still doesn't show in my followed threads. Am I missing something?

Well CRAP do I feel dumb. I finally figured out where to look for my followed threads, and how to enable the instant emails.

Thanks for your assist Dan!

Can you help out the rest of us...I still haven't been able to receive emails for my subscribed threads.

Can you help out the rest of us...I still haven't been able to receive emails for my subscribed threads.

Okay It looks like I figured it out. You start with the pull down menu at the top of the page labelled with your logon name. Go to 'my settings' and then select 'View/Posting/Email Prefs' from the 'Forums' menu. Now you can select to receive emails. After this you need to go to 'Manage Watched Topics' and select everything and change it to the type of email preference you want (and/or Manage Watched Forums'). Ihope this helps someone else.

Look up at your user name at the right hand corner. If you click on it you will be given a drop down menu with options for looking at your profile, PMs, manage contacts etc....

Choose the "my settings" option.

You will then look at the tabs across the page under "your options" and select "forums", then "View/Posting/Email Prefs". You can set your preferences there for "watching topics". I have noticed that if you choose not to watch every topic you reply to, you will not receive any notifications....not sure why. :) You will also need to re-subscribe to your watched topics to get future notifications, at least that is what works for me.

You can also manage your watched topics in this menu.