HybridZ

My 240 SR20 Build

The FMIC is mounted and in now, The Radiator and Fan are on, and the Radiator Hoses are set...

I still have to have an adapter welded onto the hot pipe for the "Bypass Valve", and weld together something for the cold pipe to get the right fit and allow the AAC valve hose to go into it.

I'm using a 240sx/Sr20det conversion intake pipe kit as it has two nice hookups for my vent from the valve cover and for the Recirc hose from the Bypass Valve to go into. These are what are on order:

Here's the Valve I'm running

225.jpg

And that nifty pipe for Intake

s13%20sr20%20intake%20pipe%20(1).jpg

Some Updates Pics for Today

P1010474-1.jpg

P1010473.jpg

P1010477.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The back is put back together and riveted back in... I still need to pick up a dry cell for under the screwed on small panel, but that can wait till later anyways... The panels are just laid in there and I'll use the panel plastic pins to hold them on once I'm sure I don't need to get back into there for anything, as they are a pain to take out.

P1010482.jpg

P1010481.jpg

P1010480.jpg

P1010479.jpg

Fuel System is Finished! (Minus the 180degree AN fitting in the front of the rail) I just got the Shaved Valve Cover in Wrinkle Black Now and it's going on tomorrow, so there should be some great pics then as well...

I have to get the cold pipe welded and get the recirc/bov flange welded on the Hot pipe as well and the I/C piping will be done... (Just waiting on a few silicone couplers and pieces and all that will be done)

Then, it's engine harness re-wrapping and install and I'll be really close to test firing the baby...

Here's the Engine Fuel System Setup.

P1010490.jpg

P1010491.jpg

I didn't get everything done today that I wanted to, but it's getting too hot to work on cars today...

I did get the roll bar in and then just focused up on finishing little things in the engine bay. Here's some pics of the engine bay almost finished.

P1010555.jpg

P1010550.jpg

P1010545.jpg

P1010543.jpg

P1010556.jpg

Thanks! I'm still out a ways on what I want, but it's getting there. I make much much less that I used to when I built my other cars in the past, so I really pace myself with costs... I save a TON on labor, but all the little things and details I'm picky about add up quick.

Seats/Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Bumpers/Flares/Spoiler.... I still need to finish the build aspect of it.

Diff/Turbo Upgrade/Injectors/ECU to finish the list... But that's years out...

I'm patient. I just keep plugging away here and there

• 4 weeks later...

Well, got the dash in and wired up mostly... still missing speedo and tach, but all the other gauges are there and running. Pressed the start button and vrooom... she works.

I only ran the engine for like 5 seconds, but it turned over and started! Next week is working on other things, but it's at least able to kick over and start.

Here's the gauge panel lit up... it'll need a bit of cleanup, but it turned out pretty decent!

DSCN1420.jpg

What kind of dash is that? did you restore it? whichever it looks good. i have one im trying to figure out if i can repair or just throw a cap on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey this is the guy you bought the engine from. Looks great. Is the ground issue with the oil filter the reason we couldn't get it running. Just curious because you could see from our harness how we had it hooked up. I hope the trans mount fit great. Glad to see it went to a good home as opposed to just let it sit in some garage. I hope you are happy with all of the parts and fitment of the driveshaft and such. Can't wait to see it drive. We will have to get together one day for an all z cruise.

• 5 weeks later...