HybridZ

Z with bolt on flairs

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

I saw a Z with bolt on flairs today, Wangan Midnight style. Man this thing looked muscular. It was faded silver and the flairs and spoiler were black, very tough looking. I may be re-thinking the Ferrari conversion. I came home just to check the Archives for info. Does anyone know about the spoiler, it looked like a bolt-on three piece, and matched the look of the flairs well. I don't have a MSA catalog, do they still carry these flairs?

Jamie

Deathstar

Hmmm, the Deathstar(the most destructive force in the universe)would be mean with those flairs and spoiler. O.K Owen, where do I sign up for a video!!!

Jamie,

Check with MSA as mentioned above, though they may not be the only supplier. Your said silver body and faded blackish flares? Sounds like how my car with no paint and test fitting the flares looks right now!

The Wangan Midnight spoiler is the same as the BRE 1-piece I assume. For the video, email me for my address.

Owen

Jamie,

Check with MSA as mentioned above, though they may not be the only supplier. Your said silver body and faded blackish flares? Sounds like how my car with no paint and test fitting the flares looks right now!

I like the muscular look too, gives a much more powerful impact to the viewer.

The Wangan Midnight spoiler is the same as the BRE 1-piece I assume. For the video, email me for my address.

Owen

[ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: Owen ]

Owen, I can't get to your site right now to look at that spoiler (homestead says no such page).

But the BRE 1-piece is a bit different than the 1-piece "432" rear spoiler that Classic Datsun Motorsports sells. I have that piece on my car. I prefer the tapering contour on the ends of it to the BRE one, but not by much icon_wink.gif. The BRE one is a bit taller.

Note that they also have the bolt on rear flairs.

Guest JAMIE T

Thanks guys for the replies. That is not the rear spoiler I saw though. This one was tall and came over the quarter panels. It had a steep angle like a NASCAR spoiler. Actually, it looked sort of like a NASCAR spoiler, except, for were it met the body was smooth to the profile of the car.

Jamie

Deathstar

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JAMIE T

I caught up with the guy with the 240Z with the 240ZG flares(wasn't that hard in my Z28 icon_wink.gif )cool guy, and the car is for sale, its a little rough, has some rust, but he drives it everyday. Its a '71 240Z and has wide-ish 14"x7" or 8" Centerlines icon_rolleyes.gif It looks good from driving beside it, and behind it(is were it looks the meanest from) He said $1800 for it, but said he would take less if someone had cash, I offered my V6 '81 El Camino(that I don't drive anyway) for it as trade, he seemed interested and wants to look at it. So, maybe, just maybe, I can have a 240ZG and a Ferrari replica. Hmmm, how much NOS Fogger can be Fogged on a '71 L24?

Jamie

Deathstar 250GTO

Guest Anonymous

It feels really good. Wait till you feed your bloodlust with a Z, it'll be even better. Remember to try and stay in the shade though... icon_cool.gif

"Lost boys",

Lone

[ June 11, 2001: Message edited by: lonehdrider ]