HybridZ

complete bushing kits

My LS1 s30 is coming along great. I'm pulling off all of the suspension this week. Blasting and powdercoating it. I need to replace all of the bushings. Summit Racing sells an energy suspension urethane bushing kit. It's listed as part number ENS-7-18102R Of course I won't use all of the bushings since I'm running an LS1 and the struts are all being replaced with new struts. Is this the best way to go or should I be purchasing something else? I basically need every bushing that is on this car. This complete kit costs about $160.00 What are your thoughts?

I have a complete kit for a 280z. I haven't installed it yet but I don't know that selling it would be a good investment for me. I advise looking you ebay, I got it from neverenough2003. It is a company that I believe is called never enough auto. was 148 buy it now and 10 for shipping. Great deal I thought, cheapest I could find.

I too bought my kit from neverenough2003 on ebay. It's the PROTHANE kit, not Energey Suspension. But it's really the same thing. Picked it up for $154 shipped.

Is there any difference between the energy kit and the kit sold by neverenough2003 on ebay? I'm looking at both of them and the energy kit looks like it has more pieces?

Is there any difference between the energy kit and the kit sold by neverenough2003 on ebay? I'm looking at both of them and the energy kit looks like it has more pieces?

The kit I got came with the rack bushings and everything. The steering coupler bushing. Just about all of them from what I could tell.

I got the kit from summit racing for my 72 240z and the front went on great. I haven't gotten to the rear yet due to an accident and needing to get spindle pins. The steering coupler alone tightened the car up a ton, as did the control arm bushings. I think it makes the most sense to just get them all rather then trying to piece something together. I say just get the kit from summit unless you are planning as CrazyOctopus mentioned. The extra $5 isn't much for added safety and the ability to track your order. Also, just because you have an LS1 doesn't mean that you wont be using all of these bushings. The only thing the struts have to do with the bushings is the bump stops (unless you are going to coilovers) and the bump stops come in this kit. I am overall very happy with the kit, it really made the car tighter and more responsive.

Elliot

Cutlass372- thanks for inadvertantly giving me some info that I needed! Lol. I got the same kit that you did ad I have only the rear done an not the front. I didn't know if it would make much of a difference if I did the from or not since they aren't as bad as the rear was. Good to know that when I do do them that it'll help out a bit. I know the steering is kinda sloppy on my car right now so hopefully that'll help tighten it up. Again I also agree on just gettiNg the full kit from summit. Unless you are swapping most of the suspension this kit will come in very handy. It's one of the best 160 bucks that I've spent on my car so far.