HybridZ

fiberglass fender flares

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How do you install fiberglass fender flares? I am not talking about the bolt on kind that has screws on the side. I mean the ones that you have to mold to the fender. Thanks guys.

• 7 years later...
:cheers: Fiberglass flairs are easy to bond to steel fenders. You just have to clean the area around them real good. But first I would recommend glueing and riviting the flair to the fender. After that clean the area around the fiberglass and where it meets the metal. Clean the paint away from the flair for at least 4 to 6 inches. Make sure you rough up the fiberglass to. Then blow the area with air and clean the dust off of it. Then use short or long strand fiberglass repair product from a can (where you have to add hardener to the material) and spread this over the seam area. Make sure that it flows over the seam and on to the fiberglass for a good distance. let it harden and then sand down the ridges. You can add more if needed. Finish it with a light coat of body filler. Sand and paint it to your liking. You can also seam seal the inside of the fiberglass flair to the metal by using some thing like the 3M seam sealer that is out there. They have both brush on and tube methods. Good Luck, Rich.:icon14: