HybridZ

My TTT R230 install

dwarlick

I am in the process of a complete TTT suspension and custom R230 install and wanted to share some pics of my progress. I have been through the stock R180 and an R200. I'm hoping this will be my last differential installation. The fitment is good but did require a little more cutting on the crossmember than I wanted but it should be easy enough to augment that area at a later date.

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

zin, I went with the R230 for a couple of reasons. 1st I don't want to change my diff again. B, I was thinking I was going to have an oem rear axle situation which did not happen. I thnk the short nose r200 would be fine with a after market LSD but an r230 w an after market LSD would be ultimate. As far as your situation zin I honestly do not know enough to give good advice.

Joel that diff should look familar to you. The axles are custom Q45/z32TT inners with S13 four lug outers and S13 spindles/rotors/calipers.

how many spline count different is the s13 rear compare to the 280z? the reason i didnt want top go with the q45 is everything else becomes bullet proof then my next weak spots are the stub 27 spline stub axles. i dont want my wheels flying off, rather have a broken diff. i know they make billet ones like the mm but i cant afford to cough up for the pair. now the s13 you have only works with the technotoy right? nice rearend...

i also seen a guy on the z31 forum running a custom shaft rear set up with j30 internals into long nose r200 with the facotry 5 bolt flange. 5 bolt inner axle cups mated to z31 turbo shafts to bolt on to the mm billet 4 bolt companion flanges, j30 has the same spline count as z31 turbo shafts?. the advantage is i guess it retains the stock r200 mustache bar setup and have vicious lsd. but this was in a z31 chasis.

• 8 months later...