HybridZ

anyone consider these lights?

i cant really tell but it looks like a projector but the sides are open to a reflector. is that how they are?

Its not a true projector. In my honest opinion, they are just there so that they can be called projector headlights. Its just a piece of glass that does not project the light well at all.

I don't like even real projectors. They're not very bright and perform worse than normal lighting, in my experience. All the Japanese models with them were terrible.

I have some 7" H4 conversions I got in Japan years ago. They have a sweet very light blue tint to the lense, and its flat and smooth. The problem with these is they shine up the left side instead of the right side like a US vehicle should. This means I can't see the sidewalk well, and some of my light is hitting the oncoming traffic. (only though the driver's light, as the passenger light is blocked by the bucket.

JDM \_\_

American _/_/

I've been considering removing the lenses and swapping the housings out with something else... likely those diamond lights. My fear with that is the dreaded water-in-the-headlight-problem. I used to have the rectangular diamond conversions on my 180sx, and those looked and worked great for me. I prefer the subdued look of my current housings, though. Less 'diamond' flash in the daytime.

I'm also not a huge fan of HID for a couple of reasons. One, its very directional and usually misses spots. Two, I hate when I'm coming up on somebody with ultra bright HID lights and as they hit bumps, the cutoff passes into my field of vision. It immediately goes from cool to I'm freaking blind over here. :D

Edited by Hugh

• 1 month later...

Leave it to me to buy a crappy product and play with it. Already did it with the K9 Sombra RFID alarm, might as well do it with these... I'm close to wiring up headlights, so I'll let you know what I think of these.

Easy fix if they suck horribly - Throw them away and buy another set of lights, but they must be H4, as I'll always run HID (But adjust them well as to not blind guys like Hugh)

Leave it to me to buy a crappy product and play with it. Already did it with the K9 Sombra RFID alarm, might as well do it with these... I'm close to wiring up headlights, so I'll let you know what I think of these.

Easy fix if they suck horribly - Throw them away and buy another set of lights, but they must be H4, as I'll always run HID (But adjust them well as to not blind guys like Hugh)

I have some of the projetors with halos and i love them. try to find those on ebay. You wont be dissappointed.

Looks the same as the ones above, only with Halos...

HLX-U7DCCXXH4-P-H.gif

I don't know... probably the same lighting problems as listed above, but with the halos on them... I have the ones he listed up top, but just haven't played with them out of the box... maybe I'll do that tommorow and post my thoughts.

Looks the same as the ones above, only with Halos...

HLX-U7DCCXXH4-P-H.gif

I don't know... probably the same lighting problems as listed above, but with the halos on them... I have the ones he listed up top, but just haven't played with them out of the box... maybe I'll do that tommorow and post my thoughts.

The ones i got with halos look different. I will see if I can find a link to them

I'm running the ones with halos right now on my '78. They look cool, and they're really cheap and if you're good with wiring they're easy to install. But the lighting is crappy. It's decent, so I'm not complaining. I'm probably going to go with something different later.

The only REAL set I found for HID projectors and halos are about $400.