HybridZ

how do I take off the Compartment lids

Wilson_WWSC

I have a 73 240z and I want to take off the interior compartment lids behind the seats. I tried using a screwdriver, but that stripped a screw. I couldn't see inside the compartment to see what kind of bolt was under it, and I couldn't get the bolts off. Anyone know how to take them off?

The screw goes into a nut spot welded to the car, if anything (I never checked). There is no nut to worry about. Best bet, assuming you can get to it might be some vice grips... or perhaps use a dremel to put a slot in it, although I can't recall ever doing that with any success. Sorry I can't really help.

Nice same problem with mine. Wouldn't come out so I stripped them. Got two out with vice scripts then just said screw it and drilled them out. To bad the speakers didn't fit. I was going to do 6x9's there but then decided I will figure something else out when I get to that point in the build

Yea, the ony way to get them to fit would be to build a ledge out of mdf for the speakers. I'm thinking about this because I want a more natural look instead of having 2 6x9 speaker boxes in the trunk. I also need to figure out a subwoofer system: one big one or 2 smaller ones, where to put/hide it, and where to mount the amp. I like adding on these money pit accesories instead of focusing on more important issues, like tuning my carb. =)

Edited by Wilson_WWSC