HybridZ

EFI vs. Carburation

xonix_digital

Hey guys,

I searched the forum for this thread, that I am sure exists, that voices peoples opinions on EFI vs Carburation in the L-Series motor.

I have always been under the assumption that EFI was always better than carb, just based simply on reliability and precision of fuel delivery, and turbo charging for that matter. What are your opinions on this?

Why would someone swap carburetors onto an EFI motor??

Would anyone ever swap EFI onto an L24?

Are there any benefits or drawbacks to one versus the other on our platform?

- A

This is a question that gets asked a lot all over the internet. You will find people that support both sides. When it comes to emissions I don't think anyone will argue that EFI is best. When it comes to max horsepower there is nothing wrong with using a carb. Use a carb for simplicity. Going turbo, probably worth using EFI to squeeze out more power through more control.

No one will touch this kind of topic because it has been discussed before many times. If you want to get a discussion started then list your specific goals for your car and we can postulate on carb vs EFI for your setup.

Yep! These are the threads I was looking for.

Thanks guys!

Did you say FI's are popular on L24s? I'm gonna have to look for those.

I have a really nice L24 in my car right now and I want to boost the piss out of it.

I'm going to have to go EFI/Standalone if I want to get where I'm going though.

Don't be afraid to throw me a link to an FI kit for an L24 if any of you guys know of a good one.

Thanks!

- A