HybridZ

4x4 240z

xonix_digital

There's this one

The info is floating around on here somewhere, just search...

Holy freaking crap!!! That thing is awesome!!!! :o :o :o

I have totally seen the cars where they just toss the body of a Z on a truck, but I was more interested in the type of car in the YouTube video.

Are there any build threads on here of something like that??? I'm interested in some of the specifics.

I am sure if you looked there is a build. Sorry to say that was a stupid question, youtube is a source, so is google, so is this site. Honestly search for it you most likely will find it. Once I am rich from making custom parts for cars (give me a few years) I am going to build a full R34 skyline drive train powered 240z, a series 1 if I can. Yes, that's right, I am going to "Ruin" a perfectly good Series 1. Why a Series 1 you ask? Because I CAN! I will give you what I know of that 260z, its got a full chevy truck 4x4 system under it, I am pretty sure it's close to 600hp (Note the smoking 4 slicks) and I believe its 2 solid axles. Please, PLEASE, lets not use the word you used in the first post here "Hacked" or hack or anything. Around here we don't "Hack" Cars together. We do it right, or at least to the best of each individuals abilities with money, skills, and tools as 'our' main constraints.

I am pretty sure it's close to 600hp (Note the smoking 4 slicks)

Actually if you had looked at the other video it says 700hp :D

Also everyone's definition of hacked could mean different things, I mean come on when I think of a Z on a 4x4 frame that seems "hacked" to me but like I said it's different for everyone. Some people may think your "hacking" a series 1 to put in a R34 Skyline Drivetrain.

Edited by 19752802+2

Actually if you had looked at the other video it says 700hp :D

Also everyone's definition of hacked could mean different things, I mean come on when I think of a Z on a 4x4 frame that seems "hacked" to me but like I said it's different for everyone. Some people may think your "hacking" a series 1 to put in a R34 Skyline Drivetrain.

I knew that was coming. Haven't done it yet, said when I am rich. I think I really want to chose a series 1 just to make a point. Mostly that a car is a car, plus its not your car. Does that 260 have the frame under it or is it just axles and chassis mods? That's something I don't know and I honestly don't think you do either. Not bashing just saying its hard to say, I think if you put the 4x4 frame under its not hacking if done right, but that brown 280z up there, hacked. The 280zx, not so hacked, its a bronco frame with a 302 IIRC.

"It now has 880bhp nascar 6lt Chev engine, manual's auto 4spd 5000 stall (so no clutch and expensive manual and less time lost in gear changes), Toyota Hilux transfer case, R200 diffs with LSD's front and rear, Proflex suspension, 11" slicks all round."

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/57086-4wd-240z/page__p__521162__hl__4wd%20260z__fromsearch__1entry521162

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/51972-240z-awd-conversion/page__p__478535__hl__260z%20hillclimb__fromsearch__1entry478535

Check out post #16

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43911

Edited by 19752802+2

I am sure if you looked there is a build. Sorry to say that was a stupid question, youtube is a source, so is google, so is this site. Honestly search for it you most likely will find it. Once I am rich from making custom parts for cars (give me a few years) I am going to build a full R34 skyline drive train powered 240z, a series 1 if I can. Yes, that's right, I am going to "Ruin" a perfectly good Series 1. Why a Series 1 you ask? Because I CAN! I will give you what I know of that 260z, its got a full chevy truck 4x4 system under it, I am pretty sure it's close to 600hp (Note the smoking 4 slicks) and I believe its 2 solid axles. Please, PLEASE, lets not use the word you used in the first post here "Hacked" or hack or anything. Around here we don't "Hack" Cars together. We do it right, or at least to the best of each individuals abilities with money, skills, and tools as 'our' main constraints.

Modern, No disrespect but if you feel like my questions are stupid, in the future, kindly refrain from posting.

Thanks.

Modern, No disrespect but if you feel like my questions are stupid, in the future, kindly refrain from posting.

Thanks.

Never said it was stupid. Just not a fan of the word choice. I do take disrespect to you telling me, a member for longer than you, posting my opinion in a thread that you are asking a question in. All I said was try not to use the word "hack". Don't have to be an *** about it.

Basically all he said to you was if you have nothing good to say don't say it at all. Also having a higher post count or being a member for longer doesn't say anything about your experience you could be a guy who has worked on cars for 40 years and have just joined or you could be a member that has been on here for as long as it has existed and almost know nothing.

But anyways I would like for this thread not to be closed because I think it could go somewhere in the point of a 4 wheel drive Z which would be awesome. It is the internet and this is a Car forum just chill out and have some fun.

Basically all he said to you was if you have nothing good to say don't say it at all. Also having a higher post count or being a member for longer doesn't say anything about your experience you could be a guy who has worked on cars for 40 years and have just joined or you could be a member that has been on here for as long as it has existed and almost know nothing.

But anyways I would like for this thread not to be closed because I think it could go somewhere in the point of a 4 wheel drive Z which would be awesome. It is the internet and this is a Car forum just chill out and have some fun.

I said plenty good. I didn't see anything wrong with asking him not to say hack. I didn't mean to offend him I just don't think the word hack is a very good word. I don't want to be on anybodies bad side. The way he replied to that is looking down on me. I am no better or worse than anybody else. I try not to look down on others (I kinda just did in the last post so I will say sorry about that) I would prefer nobody looks down on me.

Modern I actually meant to not disrespect because I know you have seniority here. I was referring specifically to where you call my question stupid in your first post.

And I am totally a hack, but I am trying not to be. That's why I come here, to learn from you guys.

I have read a few of the other threads that you guys have posted about awd and 4x4 s30s, but I can't find a build thread.

I'd like to see how something like that would actually come together.

Modern I actually meant to not disrespect because I know you have seniority here. I was referring specifically to where you call my question stupid in your first post.

And I am totally a hack, but I am trying not to be. That's why I come here, to learn from you guys.

I have read a few of the other threads that you guys have posted about awd and 4x4 s30s, but I can't find a build thread.

I'd like to see how something like that would actually come together.

Ok, call me stupid I'm an ***hole. I should really proof read. Ok, yep, somebody smack me.

Sorry for my rude ways :cry2:

Well I tried contacting the guy who races the 4WD 260z,Kevin mackrell, and gave a link to this thread so If I hear back from him I will let you know, or he will just show up in this thread.

Thanks 2+2!

I am sure the build is way out of my league, but I have gained a LOT o build knowledge just from rooting through build threads in the past. I am obviously new to the S30 chassis but it never ceases to amaze me how simple and versatile it is (and sexy :P ).

I hope Kevin is able to get us some build pics of this gnarly 4x4 beast.