HybridZ

280ZX Reconfiguration

batman

I am a new member and I need help on the refiguration of a 280ZX that I have installed a 350 Chevy engine and auto transmission. I had to shorten the drive shaft to go into the differential. The engine has so much power/torch that I am not sure if the rearend will hold and I am not sure of the type of differential that I have.

Any suggestions of what to use for the differential?

Thanks, Batman

Here is a quick answer that should ALWAYS be the first place to look. The SEARCH function works great!

Start here in the Drive-train section or look in the V8 as well.

But to get you started you SHOULD have an R200 in your ZX. Not sure what ratio due to lack of info but you can find all of this out from a quick search. But it can take what MOST V8's put down.

Welcome to the forum and please start a build thread with LOTS of pics. :)

Edited by neotech84

Let's put it this way, that r200 will break your 350.

If you have Ujonint half shafts, auto and just a 350 you will should be fine. If you break a halfshaft then you can upgrade. (The half shafts)

Asking the question you have asked is very taboo considering the volumes of information on just that question that has been asked. (It may be up to a half million or so now.)