HybridZ

Help Identifying Triple Weber Intake Manifold

ctc

Hello,

I am trying to identify what company made this intake manifold. I have included a picture of the markings that are cast into it. It came off a Kenmeri Skyline. The carbs are 40 DCOE's

Please help if you can, Thank you.

post-5825-12714516016758_thumb.jpg

post-5825-12714516085572_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tony,

I will keep looking and try to get in contact with Alan Thomas. I see his posts on Classiczcars a lot. The internet is a big place to sort through. I didn't even know were to start looking.

Googling weber, triple or intake manifold leads to a lot of dead ends.

I will keep looking and try to get in contact with Alan Thomas. I see his posts on Classiczcars a lot. The internet is a big place to sort through. I didn't even know were to start looking.

Never fear, Smith is here.......

That pair of Kanji characters read as "Kyoku To" ( with a long stress on the o in To - like in 'toe' ) and it translates literally as "Far East".

Far East Trading were one of the first Japanese companies to import performance car parts and accessories into the Japanese market in the early 1960s. Some of us may be more familiar with their later range of self-made products, marketed under the 'F.E.T' brand name.

Your manifold will be mid-Seventies to mid-Eighties vintage, designed and made in Japan by Far East Trading.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Alan T.

I knew I'd seen it elsewhere.... Thanks, Alan! :D

In ever-Japanese fashion, I have a nice decal adorning my tool box that says "F.E.T. Kyokuto"---they were all over the place 84-89!

Just got another F.E.T. manifold via EMS from Mr. Okamura.(the one with the balance tube and "F.E.T." on the removable balance tube cover...) Heading back to KIX to meet him and take the train over to Hiroshima for some work at JFE Steel on 8 May... Just in time for the next crop of new magazines to hit the news stands. Means I have to pack an extra bag, that weight allowance is a killer when you're packing solid books in there! :P

Egads, I just realized that is the same manifold on my old HKS ITB's! (The one in this post!)

Edited by Tony D

Alan and Tony, Thank you. I was hoping one or both of you would comment on this. It really helps to have such knowlegable people as yourselves guide those of us that didn't have the chance to get first hand experiance. I have been trying to learn as much as I can about the Nissan/Datsun lineage and I really don't know where I would have found this information with out you two.

Vintage speed parts like this will make an interesting conversation point. Unfortunately the L20 these came off of will be shelved for a while. I am putting a 3.0L with a Kakimoto prepared head, cam and hand worked 50mm Mikuni carbs into the Kenmeri.

Guess I need a S30 with a screeming L20 in it!

Thanks again. Chris

post-5825-12714663089243_thumb.jpg

post-5825-12714663216036_thumb.jpg

Vintage speed parts like this will make an interesting conversation point. Unfortunately the L20 these came off of will be shelved for a while. I am putting a 3.0L with a Kakimoto prepared head, cam and hand worked 50mm Mikuni carbs into the Kenmeri.

Glad to be of assistance. :)

Kakimoto-headed 3.0 sounds like a nice recipe. I see some of the 'right' ingredients ( KEW twin idler & adj. cam pulley ) in there already.....

Good luck!

Alan T.

Did someone say Screaming L20 in an S30?

Runs not too far from L.A., up on El Mirage, just head up I15 or Cal Rte 14 and turn left or right (depending on which route you're on!)

First meet this year is May 15th, I'm hoping I'm back from JFE to make the season opener...

Screaming L20 in an S30:

Guess I need a S30 with a screeming L20 in it!

Thanks again. Chris

A man after my own heart.... Any time I see news of an L20 in the States I try to take note of it, because one of these days, I am going to need a crankshaft.......

But to make my post more relevant to the thread, am I crazy or are those runners WICKED tapered?!??? You said they had 40s on them, and they came from an L20, so wicked taper would make sense.. Whats the ID of the head side versus carb side (assume 40mm) of the manifold runner?? Looks FAST :blink:

Well, I wouldn't want to part out the L20 just yet, but if the time comes I might be willing to help out. For the right price of course. ;)

By the way, looking at your gallery photos, we have almost identical garages. I have an orange Fiat and silver Skyline, you have an orange Datsun and silver Fiat. Opposite ends of the country......was there a switch in the earths magnetic poles?

It's early here and I'm not being very funny, the L20 build will be on the shelf until I get that S30.

Chris

you have an orange Datsun and silver Fiat. Opposite ends of the country......was there a switch in the earths magnetic poles?

You have NO idea how much that confused me.

I hosted that picture for someone who was technically challenged, like, two years ago.. I've never owned a Fiat, nor has anyone in my family.. BUT my dad has a rotting old Alfa Romeo 2600 (brown) and my uncle has several Roadsters in various states (three white and three red if i am not mistaken, but very different looking)

We DO have two striking orange S30s, though, that very much resemble the car in the photos. (IIRC, that was part of my motivation to help the guy who had troubles posting his pics..)

Anyhow, mystery solved... but MAN what a weird feeling of confusion :D

My screemie-meemie destroked motor may never see the light of day, but like I said I try to take notice of any L20 that a board member should acquire. Shipping from Oz seems stupid to pay, even though the cranks are plentiful down there. What I NEED to do is go on a vacation to Auztralia, or New Zealand....