HybridZ

urethane zg fender flares

Kevlars30z

My Z has the non-ducted airdam as well - fiberglass of course. It looks great until you actually start putting miles on - cracks, chips, etc. Wish it came in urethane as well, but I guess I'll be doing the one with ducts.

Edited by rnye

Is painting urethane a pointless pursuit? It seems to me the flex in the piece would just crack the paint all over.

I painted my urethane airdam over a year ago, no stress cracks or anything yet. Used single stage urethane paint just the same as the rest of the car, but before I sprayed it I cleaned the airdam multiple times with denatured alcohol, then sprayed it with a few coats of adhesion promoter before primer. And yes, I've also removed the airdam a few times since then. I was careful, and tried not to flex it too much, but it still did a little. Still no cracks. Never mixed in any flex agent.

Edit: If ONLY they made urethane ZG flares, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. I already have a rock chip out of my rear passenger side from the tire slinging a pebble.

Edited by Oddmanout84

Maybe we should be talking to MSA about this and seeing if we can get a group deal if we get enough interested they may start it :D. Anyone up for contacting them and seeing what will be possible?

That would be a good idea. But how much would it be? Hmmmm <_<

I would say about $100-$250 based on the price differences of the fiberglass air dams VS the Urethane air dams. One thing to think about though is that when it gets to be fairly warm outside urethane becomes fairly malleable and might create a problem, I doubt it will but it is something to think about. Still these would be awesome compared to the fiberglass and carbon fiber fender flares which are priced $200 for fiberglass and around $400 for carbon fiber.

If enough people got interested in urethane fender flares I'm sure if there was a group buy depending on the number of buyers the prices could be relatively low.

EDIT: I sent a email to Motorsportauto about production and a possible group buy for urethane fender flares.

Edited by 19752802+2

I would say about $100-$250 based on the price differences of the fiberglass air dams VS the Urethane air dams. One thing to think about though is that when it gets to be fairly warm outside urethane becomes fairly malleable and might create a problem, I doubt it will but it is something to think about. Still these would be awesome compared to the fiberglass and carbon fiber fender flares which are priced $200 for fiberglass and around $400 for carbon fiber.

If enough people got interested in urethane fender flares I'm sure if there was a group buy depending on the number of buyers the prices could be relatively low.

EDIT: I sent a email to Motorsportauto about production and a possible group buy for urethane fender flares.

Hmmm you got a real point on the heating problem.

Heating won't be an issue... There are thousands of urethane products on the market for modern sport compacts and few, if any, issues. All the body kits I've ever installed, and even the factory stuff from Toyota/Scion I've used is urethane and very, very resilient.