HybridZ

I've never owned a car that aggrivated me more....misfires bad when warm

letitsnow

They're not platinums, I'll get the part number when I get home.

Nobody has mentioned the massive difference in leakdown that the no 1 cylinder has compared to the rest, or are you guys just assuming that the HF leakdown tester is complete junk?

that in my book would not cause your problems (unless your plugs are fouled with oil!)

They're not platinums, I'll get the part number when I get home.

Nobody has mentioned the massive difference in leakdown that the no 1 cylinder has compared to the rest, or are you guys just assuming that the HF leakdown tester is complete junk?

But that doesn't explain why cylinder 2 is missing when warm. I don't think this is a mechanical problem. Been wrong before though. Keep us posted.

Pete

Get new spark plugs, or at least switch the two bad cylinders out with two good firing cylinders.

NGK has been kind enough to keep the price of their base line BPR 6es plugs low enough that a set of spark plugs is NEVER a bad idea, and I am a major cheapskate.

QUOTE" With all that said I'm willing to bet it's something to do with your MS/wiring or your injectors. Check, check and re-check!"

I agree. Don't pull the head yet. Search the above parts. Move the injectors to other locations and retry.

Get new spark plugs, or at least switch the two bad cylinders out with two good firing cylinders.

NGK has been kind enough to keep the price of their base line BPR 6es plugs low enough that a set of spark plugs is NEVER a bad idea, and I am a major cheapskate.

I've switched them around, it'll run for a little bit, but then foul out. Opening the gap to .045 for all of them seemed to help a little. The cap is on it's way.

QUOTE" With all that said I'm willing to bet it's something to do with your MS/wiring or your injectors. Check, check and re-check!"

I agree. Don't pull the head yet. Search the above parts. Move the injectors to other locations and retry.

I've moved no 1 and no 6 with no change. I did find yesterday that I had a wiring harness for an LT1 I can cannibalize, instead of spending ~$60 for injector pigtails.

New cap, new plugs, and new injector harness....Same problem. 1, 2, and 3 are dead. I checked them with a 'noid light and they're getting signal, I can hear them clicking if I use a screwdriver to listen. Also, it runs bad now cold or hot.

Here's a datalog, I have an LC1 set to default and no TPS.

Edit:

BREAKTHROUGH- I took the pump feed line off and dropped it into a small gas can, the car idled and revved correctly!! I couldn't drive it because I'm not willing to have an open can of gas sitting next to me while driving down the road. It also didn't empty the ~1 gal in the can for the 5 min it was running. A 255lph will move ~1.05 gallons per minute at 30psi.

I think I have an air leak somewhere before the pump, injectors 1, 2, 3 are up hill from 4,5,6 and if there was air in the fuel line it would uncover those injectors. I also think I have a restriction in my feed line somewhere, or the screen is clogged.

2010-04-24_12.45.02.zip

Edited by letitsnow

I'm almost positive that there is a leak in the line inside the tank that sucks air when it's under ~3/4 tank. It was aerating the fuel and the air was collecting in the highest point in the fuel rail, above 1, 2, and 3. It sounds kinda out there, but the car runs good and pulls cleanly to 5k where I was shifting.

I started a thread in fuel delivery about my options for fixing it.