HybridZ

I Found My Paint Color!!!

Guest KraZ4spd

Guest KraZ4spd

After many days of searching I found it! It is Dupont #44490 Pepper Grey Metallic. If you are wondering what it looks like it is the color of 'Eleanor' on 'Gone In 60 Seconds'. I'm a happy man icon_biggrin.gifviewzoom.cgi?image=127

Guest KraZ4spd

I needed to decide on a color before I put the engine and doors back in/on. It will be painted in the same order as Pete's. As soon as I get the adaptors from Ross I'll start inquiring about where to get the body worked over.

Guest Anonymous

I'm a bowtie kinda guy too, but I donno, I think I'd rather have a 69 Z28 than any of the mustangs of that era (well a Boss 302 or 427 SOHC car might change my mind). (Nothing personal mustang guys, just a personal preference.) Heres a decent example of a 69:

69camaro-04.gif

69camaro-02.gif

Anyway, thats a great color. I like the way the light hits it, all the little curves take shape in all the little shadow. Very cool.

Regards,

Lone

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: lonehdrider ]

two cars could sway me away from the z right now a 65 nova four speed, and a 454 stingray vette, yeah i know those are the dog years, but all the cubes are laid out for you.....

elenor is pretty bad, my buddy is picking up a 390 68 fastbck for pennies and hes looking hard at that paint.....

Guest Anonymous

Here's one for you Fairlady... A Dodge Dart I think around the same year as the Nova (same squarish body style) with a 440. YeeHaa. John Atkins could probably love that too.

Guest Anonymous

I cut my teeth driving with a '72 Dodge Dart GT. Was me mums car, 318 with a torque flight. I liked it alot, rode nice (torsion bar suspension in the front), good sized car and the little 2bbl 318 was fairly peppy. It was definitely the 'drive-in' car when moms left on the weekends and foolishly thought I'd leave it in the garage and not drive it, foolish dear. I often wondered how that would have been with the 440 or Hemi in it. Fun to be sure... icon_biggrin.gif

Regards,

Lone

Ah the other toys I could have, I used to be a big ford fan.

66 AC cobra

Eleanor one of the freshest updates in a while

70 Mach 1 Boss 429

50's lead sled

I do like all the other brands as well 70 charger, the goat, big ole chevelle. Silly me I had to get the Zed right away, it spoiled me cause alot of the other don't handle that well but I still love them.

Guest Anonymous

i'm suprised at you guys! icon_biggrin.gif not a single one of you guys has metionaed what has to be the baddest looking car around : 72 convertable hemi cuda with a shaker hood. it's my all time favorite car.those things look mean. actually i've picked the color i want to paint the zx already too. i'm thinking a silver base coat with a dark emerald green clear coat and a black paerl added to it. should look the business when iet my car done, bright chrome and dark windows to help lay the attitude will also help set off the color i think

YERRRR I AM DOING THAT COLOR TOO... and i meant the caps.. i'm screaming.. haha

i am still considering the stripes also.. i love the stripes on Z's.. but i'll need to engine to support those lines... like an RBTT or a 350...

thanks for the actauly paint numbers...