HybridZ

Need help identifying light switch

Alright this came in one of my boxes of parts that I received when I purchased my most recent Z.

It doesn't work for a 240Z as it sits on the left side of the steering column not the right.

So, my question is: Is this a Fairlady part, or is it for the later 260/280z?

~Thanks

post-6032-12717975636071_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barbarossa

Alright this came in one of my boxes of parts that I received when I purchased my most recent Z.

It doesn't work for a 240Z as it sits on the left side of the steering column not the right.

~Thanks

Just by looking at the picture, and I am no expert by the way, it appears to be a headlight switch from a Fairlady Z. Also if it is such a switch, and you'd be willing to sell it, I am in need of one for my Fairlady lol.

Not just a Fairlady Z part, as it was fitted to RHD 'Export' market cars too ( Australia, NZ, UK etc ).

It has the three-position wiper switch ( INtermittent, LO and HI ) so it's not a particularly early part. Needs the INtermittent relays and wiring to make it work properly.

1973-on ( ? ), just off the top of my head.

Edited by HS30-H

Photo Big Enough?

Looks like a Late RHD Switch. The connector on the end will determine suitability, I think later models used a different connection (my 77 GS31 takes a different switch than my 75 GS30, for instance---the only difference being the connector to the dash harness.)

Nothing special save for the plastic stalks. All the same switch components exist on LHD Stalks. As long as the plastic stalks are in good condition, you can swap components from LHD switch assemblies to 'rejuvinate' one that is no longer working.

Done it many a time!

But I'm curious why it "won't work" on a 240? The steering column is universal. With the correct surround, it will work just fine on a LHD Car, you will just be switching your signals with the right fingertip instead of the left. Someone who talks on the mobile a lot may find that useful...

Edited by Tony D

Photo Big Enough?

Looks like a Late RHD Switch. The connector on the end will determine suitability, I think later models used a different connection (my 77 GS31 takes a different switch than my 75 GS30, for instance---the only difference being the connector to the dash harness.)

Nothing special save for the plastic stalks. All the same switch components exist on LHD Stalks. As long as the plastic stalks are in good condition, you can swap components from LHD switch assemblies to 'rejuvinate' one that is no longer working.

Done it many a time!

But I'm curious why it "won't work" on a 240? The steering column is universal. With the correct surround, it will work just fine on a LHD Car, you will just be switching your signals with the right fingertip instead of the left. Someone who talks on the mobile a lot may find that useful...

My appologies on the oversized picture, forgot the one I uploaded wasn't the resized one.

It will bolt onto a 240z, and work, but like you explicitly stated (and I inferred - my bad) you will need a different surround for it.

So the consensus is that it is for a RHD Z?