HybridZ

Turnsignal issues

xonix_digital

Just took my car out for my weekend cruise and realized my directional signals are working erratically.

If I turn them on sometimes they don't go, sometimes the click a few times and then stop for a while, and start back up.

Sometimes they work right away. They are working the same for both directions.

Are there any directional diagnostic threads?

Do any of you guys have any ideas of what to check first?

Your "Flasher" could be going out as well... Heck, it's lasted quite a long time if it's original. The stock wiring of the signals is a bit of a pain, but it's not too complicated (get's a little weird with the hazard switch involved, but they ground out near each light, so if your having the issue both left and right, it leans me away from grounds.

If it's the same both directions, I'd say it's more likely to be a flasher/switch issue.

On my '72, the front and rear turn signal light powers go through the hazard switch before they hit the turn signal switch, when hazards are turned on, the power goes through the hazard switch to the lights and negates the turn signal switch.

When you have problems with your signals and turn the hazard switch on, does that work properly?

So it turns out my Signal relay was full of water. :D The electrical contacts were rusty.

It took John from ZCCNE (Z Car Club of New England) about 5 seconds to figure it out at the Annual charity tech-inspection this past weekend.

So Thanks go out to him for the fix and you guys for the insight.

- Alex

• 1 year later...

So it turns out my Signal relay was full of water. :D The electrical contacts were rusty.

It took John from ZCCNE (Z Car Club of New England) about 5 seconds to figure it out at the Annual charity tech-inspection this past weekend.

So Thanks go out to him for the fix and you guys for the insight.

- Alex

Alex,

Any pix of the turn signal relay? I'm having the exact same problem... Except on Sunday, mine finally died out o_o thanks!!

• 3 months later...