HybridZ

how to run stock 280z gauges with ls2 engine (speedo,tach,,,,,,

anyone know how to make the stock gauges for 280z run with ls2 engine?

For the tach, you can take six of the coil packs and run the - inputs together like in http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/EDIS.htm at the bottom of the page. If you do six, you will not need to re-calibrate the tach. (Note, I would recommend going 3 skip 1, 3, skip one, not 6 skip 2. This will smooth out the input to the tach.)

Not sure on the speedo, I assume it is an electronic output, sorry.

Oil and temp sensors, see if you can replace the stock sensors with the Datsun sensors. On my LT1 the oil pressure sensor and temp sensor screwed right into where the stock GM sensors sat.

For the tach, you can take six of the coil packs and run the - inputs together like in http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/EDIS.htm at the bottom of the page. If you do six, you will not need to re-calibrate the tach. (Note, I would recommend going 3 skip 1, 3, skip one, not 6 skip 2. This will smooth out the input to the tach.)

Oil and temp sensors, see if you can replace the stock sensors with the Datsun sensors. On my LT1 the oil pressure sensor and temp sensor screwed right into where the stock GM sensors sat.

it is 8 cylinders so i have to skip 4 coils yeah them i have to add 4 diodes okay what are they ,i mean the coil number ?

it is 8 cylinders so i have to skip 4 coils yeah them i have to add 4 diodes okay what are they ,i mean the coil number ?

To me the easiest way to handle the tach is to send it to the www.brokenkitty.com folks - John's Cars. He figured out that problem back in '04 when he ws using my car for a prototype.Are you running an automatic or a 6-spd? The speedo takes it's signal from the transmission. If you're planning on running a T56 then spend a few bucks and get the tailshaft for it that has a mechanical output. Then you can hook the Datsun cable to it. In my case we got a CableX box that takes the signal from the tranny converts it to a speed signal for a small electric motor that drives the Datsun speedometer cable. It's been working in my car for almost 6 years and over 30,000 miles now.