HybridZ

building a l24

There is still no proof that the 240sx TB upgrade will do anything more for power. You are still restricted by the runners.

I do agree that mega squirt would be a great start then you know that its wired right the first time.

• 1 month later...

There is still no proof that the 240sx TB upgrade will do anything more for power. You are still restricted by the runners.

I do agree that mega squirt would be a great start then you know that its wired right the first time.

This is correct.

The runners of a stock intake are the choke point, so adding the large TB does nothing for flow into the engine and adds no power.

What it dose do however, is improve throttle response, Your at 100% throttle with less petal push than the stocker.

I would like to know what the shipping is. If it isn't too ridiculous I may be interested. My zip is 48051. If you could get me quotes for buying it plus shipping, both for yours and the et I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you

"Detroit 48051..."

I guess that is like me saying I live "in L.A."

(Bro lives in St. Clair Shores... my cabin is 'up north'.)

Unfortunately I'm not driving to MI this year for vacation, or I would throw a core in the back of the truck for ye.

Really if you plan on something else, stick with an unmodded engine and go from there with your upgrade. Doesn't pay to modify an L24 for performance unless you are restricted by a class rule. You are generally describing an overbored L26.

Myself, I have a 'matching numbers' car, and the L26 would be nice to keep in there for correctness. But with availability of L28's and the ability to take the stock engine and put it on a storage stand for inclusion when the car sells even I would be sorely tempted to run an L28 instead of modifying one.

But that wouldn't be an issue if I was going SBC, it would just 'stay as-is' till I got my big donk all buffed and ready for a go. :lol:

As you see, a little dilligence with searching and scouring usually turns up stuff at a reasonable cost, even in the land where Toyotas are used for Batting Practice.

Again regarding 'mods' to an ET, stick with what you got for the lowest cost, the most I'd go with was the MS and ditch the stock ECCS, the change in driving / drivability even to a bone stock L28ET on a MS compared to stock electronics is pretty amazing. And you can always change configuration on the MS to drive a 4 bbl TBI or Port Injection setup on your SBC down the road. Something that will be durable and reuseable---THAT is the kind of mod you want to consider.

Good Luck!