HybridZ

Spark blowout.

yetterben

Little back ground on setup first.

Blowthrough triple webers running t04e at 8-15 psi

Okay what i am experiencing is i believe spark blowout.

Does it at all varying psi just not to later in the rev range. Ie: at 8 psi right at 4,500 its like i hit a wall and the motor will not rev farther. Same at 15psi just a little later in the band.

During the wall like feeling and the revs not going anywhere wideband falls off the map pig rich. To be expected if its not lighting it off.

The kicker is if i back off the throttle just a little BAM its back on. This leads me to believe the spark is getting blown out at high pressure. Running stock br6es-11 gaped down to 20 thousandths. I have tried everything in between that and stock.

Blaster 2 coil. Does it with the flame thrower coil as well. Wires are new ngk 8mm. Kinda stumped here. I have never experienced blow out so i dunno. But the revs will just sit at 3,500 until i back off a little bit then it seems it can burn and off i go with a vengance.

Edited by yetterben

Usually when spark is blown out, and a missfire happends, your wideband will read extremely lean. This is caused by the wet fuel giving your wideband a false reading. How long has this been going on? Has it allways been this way? Are you sure your fuel maps are correct?

uh no fuel maps bro carbs. no it comes and goes somedays its fine someday it does this. fuel goes pig rich. I have seen wideband go lean from heavy gas in pipe. But its not lean.

Starting to wonder if my coils are collapsing. i just put the stocker back on and its fine, though it seems down on power. There is no misfire either just a wall like a rev limiter.

Edited by yetterben

Sorry man, I did read the "blowthrough" part (guess I got confused when you said AFR's fall of the maps). What are the conditions of your other ignition components(cap, rotor, wires)? I'm pretty sure I am running BPR8ES's in my turbo car, have you tried a different plug? I see you are running the BR6ES-11, which does not have the projected tip like the BPR's. Maybe the tip of the plug not being far enough in the cylinder may be causing these missfires.

new cap rotor wires i have tried the regular and the v groove. I must say it does not pop or misfire it just sits there and wont rev farther so the mix is somewhat burning. normal wot is 11.5 right now the projected v groove is in there. Wondering if a flaky ground is causing this. It comes and goes just when i think i have it for a day the next this happens. I must say earlier when i was ripping around i had the regular plugs in. It started acting funky and i thought i would throw in the projected plug. Now i switched the coil back to stock and it does not blow out but does not pull as hard either.

Edited by yetterben

Hey I kinda had the same problem at first. I ended up going to the mallory uni-lite dizzy locked down(no adv curve) MSD blaster 2 coil and the MSD 6AL box. I got fuel load up at idle when using the coil and mallory ballast resistor. afr's at 11 at wot and 12 at cruze but the plugs are nice and clean now. The MSD 6AL cleaned up the spark for shure!!

msd boxes and pretty much all cdi boxes are pointless past 3,500rpms. I got a mega jolt on the way and will try edis out. Gonna try a bigger air corrector to lean out the 5k+ area. gonna drop down the methanol content at high rpm too.

Edited by yetterben

• 2 weeks later...