HybridZ

Replica Seats at a great price . . but will they fit?

New-to-240z

I know most datsun owners are tight with money, but how can you guys invest in a seat that has not been safety tested. Honestly it looks like a good deal, until something bad happens. *knocks on wood* Brand name seats have to meet certain regulations and safety codes, which i know these seats wont meet.

I know most datsun owners are tight with money, but how can you guys invest in a seat that has not been safety tested. Honestly it looks like a good deal, until something bad happens. *knocks on wood* Brand name seats have to meet certain regulations and safety codes, which i know these seats wont meet.

Because we want to be part of the elite group of bride seat owners but not actually have to dish out $2k to be part of it. That's at least my reason. Also, I don't think we actually have a grasp of what a cheap seat will do in a crash. I am sure if Bride bought a few of these seats and did some of their safety tests on em, filmed it, and threw it up online, us potential buyers would probably think twice about putting our cheap little booties in these seats.

But I am definitely interested in these seats, definitely thinking about the P2, but I'll have to drop by their shop and test it out. I figure since the harness bar is going to limit my movement back and forth anyway, and since this isn't going to be a daily driver, I should just go with a fixed back. Probably a little safer too, no moving parts to break in a crash.

In all honesty, I think these seats will stand up better then the stock 240Z seats. I mean, my seats are tearing up and falling apart. I feel I would be worse off keeping my stock seats then I would be replacing them with these. But, I may be wrong.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In all honesty, I think these seats will stand up better then the stock 240Z seats. I mean, my seats are tearing up and falling apart. I feel I would be worse off keeping my stock seats then I would be replacing them with these. But, I may be wrong.

I agree, the stock seats offer no side/bolster support and no shoulder support at all. I'd rather be in any of these seats VS a stock seat any day. Not to mention that I work with caron/kevlar and composites in general everyday and based on our testing methods you would have to be in a hell of an accident to tear a seat out of a car.

Hopefully he will get these in soon, his is at the shop getting a roll cage at the moment... I cant imagine paying 1600 bux each for the real ones though. Although sparco has one that's 2600 bux.I dont care if they say bride or not but I think that kevlar would look good in the hatchbacks. Battleground sells them i might take the car over there when i upgrade the turbos, I will be in Atlanta for the retuning anyway...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ordered the CG seats, not because I wanted a Bride seat in my car, but because I wanted a seat with unique modern styling. I plan on recovering them with red leather, Bride seats are made of a special fabric so it would defeat the purpose if I chopped up real ones. Again, I wasn't after the Bride owners club.

Anyway, I'm very nervous that these won't fit. (Too wide at the top)

CG Dimensions:

Width Outer Shoulder Area: 21

Width Bottom, Widest Point: 21

Width Inner Shoulder Area: 13

Width Inner Lumbar Area: 18

Width Inner Seat Area: 14

Height: 35

However, if the GS fits, these should also fit

GS Dimensions:

Dimensions:

Width Outer Shoulder Area: 22

Width Bottom, Widest Point: 19

Width Inner Shoulder Area: 11

Width Inner Lumbar Area: 10.5

Width Inner Seat Area: 13

Height: 33

Anyone installed the GS seats? Care to comment?