HybridZ

My cars future

gb20

This is a pretty good idea of what my "vision" is for my car. This was done by my sister and was her first time doing anything with cars so don't tear apart the quality of the photoshopping. I would however like some input on what you all think about the idea. The engine inside will be a Ford 351W. Thanks guys.

post-992-12725858259442_thumb.jpg

I don't like the door scoop but some jim cook racing rear flares would give you a scoop by the door and look awesome. :D

Otherwise I like it and think it looks nice, is the front airdam supposed to be like the "Eleanor" mustang?

EDIT: I just noticed the whole theme is towards the Eleanor mustang with the rear window and door scoop.

Edited by 19752802+2

I don't like the door scoop but some jim cook racing rear flares would give you a scoop by the door and look awesome. :D

Otherwise I like it and think it looks nice, is the front airdam supposed to be like the "Eleanor" mustang?

EDIT: I just noticed the whole theme is towards the Eleanor mustang with the rear window and door scoop.

If he's going for the Eleanor look (which he seems like he is), then the hood is more of a bump, not really a "scoop"

I like what your going for but in my opinion it looks a little too busy. Door scoop, Rear window scoop, bulging hood, Fog lights, the ducktail spoiler, side exhaust....I don't know it just seems like a little too much. I'd say get rid of the Door scoop, and the rear window scoop, and the car will look a lot smoother and still have that Eleanor feel to it.

All-in-all though I really like what you're going for with this, be sure to post up pics when you put this plan into action.

Edited by 10cjennings

Sometimes you just have to say what needs to be said... Elanor... well, the design is for FORD, not a Datsun. The concept is neat for a picture, but in life, I'd imagine it'd be an object of ridicule, solely for the fact that so many of the design elements are taken from such a distinctive and recognizable icon.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I do agree that for the size of these cars, it is a bit busy. But, I do think that our Zs look similar enough to a fastback that IF done correctly, it would look really good. I will keep making subtle changes in the design until I can get to the body work (have to get it running right first) but it will stay pretty close to this. The exaust will be rear exit not side, so that will be a side skirt of some sort. The rear spoiler will be the sparrow tail smoothed into the body when it's ready for purchase. I will make sure I take lots of pics as I get going on this so you can all put in your .02. Thanks again for all the input. Please keep the comments comming.

I think one way to keep it looking decent is to make everything small. By doing this it will keep it less busy and won't make the car look smaller then it is, by having them smaller it will be more subtle less people will notice the similarities and will make it seem less cluttered.

That's what I was thinking. Everything made to the smaller scale of the Z car. Also some minor changes to the front facia to get it to line up with the lines of the hood. And what color do you guys think this would look best in?

ereanooru?

airportzerda1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

as an example, see how the spot lights give it a very distinctive elanor feel without looking like it was lifted directly from the stang?

I would say keep it clean like that, and possibly the rear windows done in a similar fashion.

I would strongly suggest staying away from copying the door scoop.

It could however be 'complimented' with some clever painting of body decals.

To the original poster, although the photoshop looks good, its not for me.

The front lip to flare to side-skirts to flare transition looks good. I would say no to the window and side scoop...I would also push you towards a different hood scoop if any at all. The lines of the Z are already timelessly beautiful, sometimes less is more.

But, it is your car, and as long as you're happy with it thats all that matters.

I like it but the door scoop lines need to blend into the front fender a little better and the quarter window scoop would be better as a louver, but that's just me. The hood I really like but would like to see how it would look from the front and from above. Your sister shows great promise. Her design efforts make the current auto manufactures look like amatuer clones.Tell her to keep up with the great ideas.

I was thinking maybe the YZ widebody kit would go well with this design and keep me from needing to build my own. I would like to make my own stuff for the body but we'll see if I have the patients to do that. I'll see if I can get my sis to do another angle or 2 of it for you guys. Here is a sketch I did a while ago. Pretty similar but there are a few differences in this one (like no door/rear fender scoop). Let me know what you think of this one too. Which you like better. Thanks a ton for all the responses.

post-992-12727594018666_thumb.jpg

I did see where the guy put the new stangs tail lights in. It looks good but I like the look of the old tails more. I'm planning on using these tail lights for it. Simple and clean.

post-992-12727663584732_thumb.jpg

Edited by gb20

I'm glad you like the sketch 19752802+2. I hope the finish product looks as good. I am working on a front 3/4 view of this to post up too (not to mention give me a good idea of what I want to do)