HybridZ

Aluminum dash project

Here is my dash so far. Each circuit has a resetable circuit breaker. The tach is a column mount that sits in the blank space between the switches and the gauges. Switches are:

IGN

Pump 1

Pump 2

Wipers

Fan

Lamp near oil pressure gauge is low pressure warning.

post-274-096808200 1300721863_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the tach I am using:

77867004C.jpg

It clamps to the steering column. I decided to use an external tach to keep the dash height low for better visability. I also wanted a 5" tach.

I sprayed the dash with bedliner.

Pete

Here's a few pics of mine that I made today. I still have a bunch of work to do on it but its a start.

Started with a basic shape then cut it out with the plasma.IMG_20110320_121341.jpg

I used the trim piece that goes on the front of the dash for a template for the top part and bent the other piece in a makeshift metal brake.IMG_20110320_141750.jpg

Mocked up.IMG_20110320_142941.jpg

Here's one with some of the gauges installed at night. Boost ,egt , wideband o2 , water temp , oil temp , oil pressure , fuel pressure and volt. Still waiting on my nitrous pressure gauge. IMG_20110321_072321.jpg

I got the koso digi display mounted. It will be my speed,rpm,fuel leval, ambient air temp, trans temp, diff temp and indicator lights. I still have to fab up some switches,powdercoat or wrinkle paint, mount the electronic boost controller and progressive water/meth controller and fab up a bracket for a 7 inch Lilliput touch screen that I will use to tune the megasquirt3 without having to break out the laptop. IMG_20110322_165045.jpg

tvgz28, I really like that setup, especially the angle you put on the center console. Could you measure out the dimensions of the front panel to share with others? I really believe it would be helpful for others to get that nice angle, it reminds me of my 1g DSM.

tvgz28, I really like that setup, especially the angle you put on the center console. Could you measure out the dimensions of the front panel to share with others? I really believe it would be helpful for others to get that nice angle, it reminds me of my 1g DSM.

Ya I can try and get some dimensions when I get home tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out what the best way to measure the curvature of the top plate, maybe make a reference line and measure multiple points that intersect with horizontal references say every 2 inches kinda like a spread sheet?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I dont know that I ever posted pictures of it on here before and its probably not the lightest choice... but here is what I did.

In the second photo is my SPA kitdash. When I added up all the cost of individual gauges wiring and messing with fuel senders the cost of the dash made a lot of sense. I made an account with SPA they gave me a deal. It is a SWEET setup.

SPA Kitdash

post-336-049823800 1313077967_thumb.jpg

post-336-058941200 1313077998_thumb.jpg

I dont know that I ever posted pictures of it on here before and its probably not the lightest choice... but here is what I did.

In the second photo is my SPA kitdash. When I added up all the cost of individual gauges wiring and messing with fuel senders the cost of the dash made a lot of sense. I made an account with SPA they gave me a deal. It is a SWEET setup.

SPA Kitdash

I really like your setup alot. I do wonder if you will have an issue in sunlight though.

• 4 weeks later...