HybridZ

Skyline tailights

Iron Dragon

Guest Big Phil

I think those lights would be awesome on a old Z but you would have to remove the lights from the factory housing and manufacture your own housing from metal or fiberglass. The original housing wraps around the rear so you would have to do some serious surgery to the back of your ride if you wanted to use it.

Phil

Guest Anonymous

or if youu wan't lights that look like that youcan do it the elcheapo way like me icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif i'm just going to fab in a set of 4" LED round trailer lights. should look pretty nice when all is said and done. and the really nice thing is if it ever breaks it will only cost like 20 some odd dolars to replace.

i still haven't decided if i want the round tail lights or the oval ones if i decide to go with the oval tail lights i will setup them up in an opposing slant kind a like: // i thik that would look pretty spiffy on the back of my ZX don't you?

quote:

Originally posted by stony:

hmmm gtr tail lights are exactly the same as gtst taillights... i could have gotten tons of them in japan for 50-70 bucks each :>

Stony, do you have any trustworthy friends in Japan that could hook us up?

Davy

Guest Anonymous

believer it or not will my source for those lights is a plain old truck stop gas station called the flying J. they sell all kinds of lights in there for semi trucks and trailers. right now i'm leaning towards the oval light setup that i described. i know that the 4" round LEDS lights would look the biz but there are a lot of people running that mod as is. i have yet to see any with oval LED lights at opposing slants and it should look juts as mean. but yeah you can count on me posting some pics of the mod when i get it done. it won't happen for a while unfortunatley(sp?) but hopefully by the end of this summer i should have it done. besides who else could i brag to and have it fully appreciated on the amount of work that went in to it icon_biggrin.gif

My plan was to do the GTR lights much like the ones on the 280ZX Aerotech made. But I might be leaning towards a different option. This company I found (http://www.clearcorners.com) will convert your existing tail lights to LED's and they do HID conversions too. I'm not sure as of yet what the ball park price would be, but if you take a look at their sample 240SX I think you'll be impressed!