HybridZ

**Whohaaaa riceboy 280zx alert**

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I saw this 280zx on an Australian Datsun site.

I featured in the Sydney 2001 Autosalon

I think the front is great but the wing is excessive on the back, and I hate the wheels. Buttt it is the kewlllest riceboy 280zx I have ever seen! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

As a matter of faact it is the only rice boy z I have seen!

Take a geez!

http://www.nexcent.net/datnet.org/new/classifieds/newad1.jpg

Hey also wot do u think the front is from??

Any comments on this car?

The scoop is the thing that has to go--looks very rediculous on the hood. The wing may be excessive, but it bothers me less than the 'large' or 'heavy' look of the back half of the car. Perhaps it is just a 2+2 thing, I dunno.

Davy

not to be insulting or any thing, but this is a hybriz z site, mostly v8's it's not a hrbrid honda site, lol that would be a joke. but my car z's are not ricy!!! they do not have more the 1 spoiler, excessive amouts of vinal tape, more than 2 fog lights, or turbo/supercharged stickers on non turbo/supercharged cars. www.riceboypage.com we z owners are NOT rice boys! ARE WE GUYS?

the prostock snorkle hood has gotta go. Enki wheels are ok. well they look like Enki

The definition of "Rice" can be found at one of the Riceboy sites. That one guy coined the term and it is really a way of life (kinda like Karma) and how one presents their car. 95% or more of the Z cars on this site are NOT rice by his definition (I'm too lazy to look for it). Yes, our cars are Japanese by origin, but they are 'classic' sports cars IMO and very tastefully designed. The "rice 280ZX" looks the rice part because it is overdone in a crude fashion--wing way too big for the car, 'Gundam Battlezone' front spoiler, pro-stock hood scoop, need I say more?? Plus his wheels somehow look too small in all that stuff. Anyway, that's just my take on it.

Davy

Guest bang847

hey rice is ok.. when subtle... huge useless scoops are stupid and that hood scoop is damn stupid... I sort of like that car.. well because it is a Z..... but i think something that bothers me is the chrome and alloy conflict...

we all drive rice rockets whether you like it or not, choice of drivetrain whatever. remember the other cars that came out with the z from japan, the mangos(corolla) bananas(celicas) rx3, yada yada yada. they were the hot imports at the time, riced out for the time, making them rice rockets, you can call it a classic you can call it a musclecar, but please dont lie to yourself, deep down inside you know that you got a rocket, look at wangan midnite, tell me hes not a rocket, whats wrong with being a rice rocket anyway? because you get associated with posers and people who have that fast look and dont put out? how many mustangs and irocs do you see out there who think they are the walking shiz with nothing more than flowmasters and big beats and huge tires, if the 240 is not a rice rocket, then why is the 300zx a rice rocket??? the supra is a rice rocket, the rx7 is a rice rocket, rocket rocket rocket, live with the truth and embrace it, i mean sure, a lot of you on the site do not agree with what kids are doing to their cars today, how many hotrodders werent trying to like the 240z, toyota, mazda rockets of the old days???? its the same response and you guyz hate it, because you know its true. i made pete say "aint" bonk.gif

a lot of you guys got to see 240z when they were new, they were as popular as the hondas are today,

i mean i know you guyz dont like to admit that, but how much longer are you gonna deny the truth???/ zg flares, gnose, wings, front spoilers, exhaust, the motor swappage??? cmon yall, wash your face and look in the mirror unclouded. the z is a classic thats damn straight, rice rocket is not a derogatory term to me, but hey-your frame never came from detroit, cmon now man, you may have the drivetrain you may have the rear you may hate the ones that perp like they are fast but really arent, but face the facts man, thirty years of history-i mean, this car is beautiful man, and its an imported car all decked out old school way-old school rice rocket style man, all the old school hotrodders in my neighborhood had crazy cammed out scarabed z's back in the day, and they compare the z craze to the current honda craze-deny the facts all you want, live with the truth and be free. I mean, im not really into the new rice rockets myself, but you if none of you can see the correlation, youre truly blind in my opinion. Ill race and blow these new school kids away, shoot, im a new school kid myself, im just clowning my peers. We run the classics here, you can lie to me but you cant lie to yourself.

Leonard

fairlady 327 aka max scarab 327

heavyweight streetrace and drift champion.

Guest Anonymous

Oh Leonard! I can't wait to get my hands on you! "Rice Rocket" obviously means something to you and something different to me. There are plenty of Honda's runnung around that aren't "Rice Rockets". Rice rockets are slow, horribly tacky 4 cylinder front wheel drive v8 fodder. They think that they are fast and drive them like they are, yet when pushed by something even remotely fast they get whipped (like by my 15.1 second at 90 240Z!) My mom could drive a Honda and it won't be a rice rocket. No 5" tip, no graphics, no bass, no race me lights. This is a perfect example of a "Rice Burner". 300z's, Supra's, and rx-7's get lumped into the "Rocket" category because they are performance minded vehicles. They look, sound, and run relatively fast. Now, by my definition they aren't "Rockets" because they drive the right wheels, have more or a different engine design, and they usually have someone behind wheel that has an idea that his car isn't as fast as the Z06 next to him. The "Rice Rocket" would throw revs and then when the vette didn't even bother he would tell his friends that he smoked a Z06. The car certainly has alot to do with it but I believe that the driver/owner really makes the car what it is. So Leonard, if you want to call yourself a ricer,pull out that lame 327, goofy old 4 speed, and install race me lights and that VTEC 2.2 that you secretly covet and then show up at my shop so I can mop up Dublin Blvd. with some "Rice Rocket" and show you some El Camino tailights! Actually, since you are a "Ricer" just leave the SBC in there and keep the ricer attitude and I'm gonna rip ya up with 500+ horses anyway. Right after the new years we really do have to get your 12.80 on G-tech "Fairlady" and my old motor (430hp,440 trq.)12.87 Chevy Iron. I think that my new combo should go 12.60 or better at 112+ so bring your best launch and that "Import Champ" belt, but don't worry, I won't take it when I stomp ya! Besides, I don't have any race me lights so how would any of the ricers know I want to defend MY title?Being a ricer IS a way of life and an attitude, not a vehicle, it's just expressed that way. Oh, and I just washed my face and once I got through the gear oil and race gas residue I found the same old, v8, kick the mustang and vette ass face I've had since I've been 15!! I'll be waiting for your reply buddy! (This is all in good fun!) malebitchslap.gif

hey now, just because you drive a rice rocket dont get mad at me now, you still need that front spoiler buddy?. hey i hope you think about my slow car the whole time you put your rice rocket together, i hope it really makes you wanna blow my car away, i hope its your inspiration, it would make me proud. rice rocket driver you still are though. i hope you download photos of my car, pinpoint all the weaknesses, and build your car to take full advantage of them, oh what a great rice rocket you will have then. oh and youll never get the belt no matter what, since somehow you drive a japanese car everyday thats not an import. even if you drop your great longrod motor, which im pretty down with, youre a rocket longrod, youre still a rocket, ill show you the way, follow me.... that car you drive has thirty years of rice rocket driving and you think the motor and trans is gonna make it not?????

ps. think of me when you fire it up, think long hateful thoughts of me, think hard of beating me in the quarter as well, then wake up! i hope you do beat me longrod, cuz its about time someone did!