HybridZ

Anyone tried 17x9,5 offset -19 with flares without cutting the fenders?

Guest skimattybee

not trying to thread jack, but what tires are you running junglist? size and model?

Edited by skimattybee

Z manco, im with you, i can get the same wheels in a size that fit stock body, but the big wheels are flashy and its all the rage. research hellaflush, fatlace, drifting, etc all the ''cool'' kids are putting huge wheels with tiny tires, and even bags so it goes low and has a tinnnny smidge of clearance from rubbing. But like you stated, id rather get an 8 and run 225-255s instead of a 9.5 with a 205-225 just doesnt make sense to me, not to mention the curbrash, potholes, etc that will eat/kill the wheels with that sninny of a tire stretched on it.

sorry, I have to rant :P

Drifting should not be associated with hellaflush , fatlace (regardless if they do have the stretched tire)

drifters started using stretched tires because they couldn't afford the 275 tires all the time, and then someone got the idea that you could lower your car alot on top of negative camber/stretched tire set up. Its the same as when people in the ghetto were to poor to buy pants that fit them, they started wearing jeans to big because they were cheaper. A year or two later the media and music industry glorified the pants sagging, and then just like that little jimmy poppins is walking around with his pants on his ankles, same principal as tire stretching.

Most serious drifters won't have the stupid low "Hella JDM STANCE BRO!" sure, they might have a street car like that, but you gotta keep the trendwhores supporting you some how. Its a pointless trend that started on being to cheap to buy proper tires, and I fully agree with most people in this thread when I say, buy tires that fit your rims if you can afford it.

$0.02

• Like 1

The stretched tire look is just that, a look. It is not a performance mod and in fact, reduces the ultimate handling of your car. Wheel width needs to be +/- .5" of actual tread width (not section width) to get the most out of the tire. Anything off those numbers and you're leaving some of the tire's performance on the table. This is true for drifting, autocross, road racing, and driving on the street.

• 7 months later...