FOAM PROBLEMS:

I SEEN PLENTY OF PROBLEMS USING FOAM BETWEEN

THE FENDERS. IT WORKS OK WHEN NEW BUT WHEN IT

GETS OLD, IT WILL SEPERATE FROM THE FENDER AND

ALLOW WATER IN. WATER WILL BE STUCK BETWEEN

IN POCKETS BETWEEN THE FENDER AND WILL RUST,

RUST, RUST,RUST AND RUST. GET THE PICTURE,

ASK A CONTRACTOR, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WATER GETS

INTO THE FROM INSULATION BETWEEN THE WALLS.

MOST USE FIGERGLASS SHEETS AS THEY WILL ALLOW

DRIANAGE. I HOPE THIS SUGGESTION HELPS.

ALOHA,

SUNNY

Another thing you may want to consider is the structural foam available from auto body supply stores. This stuff won't hold water (closed cells) and is made for use in cars, unlike the stuff from Home Depot. I am planning on getting some myself to fill all of the empty spaces in the spaceframe to help add stiffness to the body. icon_smile.gif

Double what Sunny said. I filled in the quarters on blueovalz (about 5") with the minimally expanding foam. Then undercoated it. A year later, the foam had developed spaces .060"-.100" next to the confining sheet metal and the fiberglass too. I simply filled these with a sealer and re-undercoated it all again. So yes, this stuff will shrink in time.

Guys foam insulation for cars or anything for that matter is OK as long as its stationary. When you start driving it around. The chance that you may stress it (like for use to add for stiffness)may cause it to sooner or later break up. I have heard more than once in my young 46 years. Don't put foam in cars!!!!!!Besides causing leaks when (notice I say when)it breaks up you will discover rattles where you never had any before!

Just my opinion.

Len