HybridZ

Finally installed my parking lights

blueovalz

You are the Man! As usual nothing but the best custom bodywork. Looking sweeeet with those new signal lights and the headlights icon_eek.gif

Will you be shooting the car the same color as last time or will you do something different this time around?? I remember an old thread where you were tossing it around.

Davy

I'm still at that point in life where the "estrogen factor" still has a great deal of influence in my life. Paint: she convinced me to go with the original color. Plants: she didn't want them to freeze this weekend, and the spiders aren't out of the pots yet, so I have to deal with them (plants and the now very slow spiders)until the posts are "house safe". So you see, my Z is the last bastion of testoterone in this household. Z: always parked behind HER pathfinder. But I wouldn't change her a bit.

They are a set of PIAA 110 watt pencil beams (it's a 900 series light). I wanted to use the Acura head lights, but they were very expensive even at salvage prices. I then paralleled six 3 ohm, 40 watt resistors into a bank in series with each light to make them dim enough for street use. So instead of a high/low beam option, I instead have high/low power option.

Guest Anonymous

That is one Badass lookin Zed. And the best body kit that i have seen, just a couple of questions, is the body kit a fully custom job and/or is it still available?

Do the quarter panel/flares replace the original quarters or do they bolt on over the top?

It looks like you have brake and turn signals in the middle section, do you have to have both up front for legal purposes?

we only have turn signals in Aus thats why it seems odd to me. :wierd:

I think i need to move to the U.S. you've got so much good stuff, i can only dream of getting my hands on a kit like that, the frieght alone would kill me. icon_sad.gif

This was my "getting over my divorce" therapy project in 1990 (obviously I had a great deal of energy that needed to be released, and this was it). It's homemade, so don't look for the kit. These "parking lights" currently are turn signals only, but will be converted to two filament bulbs soon. The panels up front replace the steel, and in back, pop rivet over the quarters (which were cut, raised, and re-welded to maintain the unibody integrity).

Guest Anonymous

Terry you created a work of art. Zs were ment to be "Bad" and yours is it! Some day I need to come see the car in person so that I might bask in it's glory!

Guest 400 ci 280z

i have a 280z and was wanting to change the body kinda the way you did. could you tell me some tips or what ever on who to make a front end like that?

Guest Anonymous

Terry, I've said it before and I'll say it again, your car is a work of art, an inspiration to us all. Although IMHO the headlights are too small for the car, you would do the car more justice by using a headlight treatment similar to the 250 GTO, Shelby Daytona, or even a regular Z with headlight covers for the front end. Something to fit in with the car's '60s Le Mans race car theme. It still looks terrific if you ask me... Keep us informed on the car's progress!

Guest Anonymous

I like the small headlights, the whole front would look totaly different with larger headlights, and i think less agressive, it reminds me of a shark with there little eyes and big mean grin, you'd know what its about if ya seen it comin at you in the rear view mirror.

P.S. did you have any prior experience with fibreglassing and design/building a body kit, any tips on where to get good info/advise etc?