HybridZ

Great debate to sell my S30

WickedWild

First off… it’s been a long time since I’ve been back in here, the sight looks great! But the reason for my return after such a long absence. I’m in the process of finishing up a Silvia conversion on a 240sx and preparing to move 800 miles south. I’m selling my Jeep, probably my motorcycle, and my DD240sx so I don’t need a semi to move. But my Z has been hibernating in a barn for the last 4 years. I’m not 100% sure I want to sell it, but I might have too. Basically I’ve come to the conclusion that if someone on HybridZ wanted it, I would sell knowing it’s going to a good home. I’m not even sure what I would price it at, I’m hoping for advise/condolences from some fellow Z members… Here’s the info…

’78 280Z was a sbc 305 w/5spd (pulled the engine and sold it) EVERYTHING else is still complete. If I had a turn key Small block I could have it together & running in a week. It’s lowered with coilovers (sectioned rear struts) all bushings replaced with polyurethane, Honda rim adapters. The bad… Interior has gotten a case of Barn mold, first time it happened Lysol cleaned it all up, but it’s back from sitting in the dark. And the only rust on the car is under the battery (typical).

Advise, interest, ideas on price, questions???

link for pics

I know that the Z probably doesnt have the creature comforts of the SX or the Jeep did, but I've moved about 4 times since Ive had my Z, about 400 miles west was my biggest jump. I contemplated selling my car many times, It seems so easy, but every time I jump in it to go for a drive I cant even imagine selling it. I'd say pick Up a turnkey off of Craigslist, get it going again and Daily drive that car, looks very good to! I've gotten numerous jobs because of my car, and people have a lot of respect for a nice old car. Especially when its not the generic camaro or mustang.

Get her going again and just drive her like she was supposed to be, I don't think you'll regret it.

If not, GLWS.

So... is this just a tactic to post a for sale ad without becoming a donating member?

No John, I was not aware that you now have to be a donating member to post things for sale.

I have been a donating member in the past on numerous times, and even contributed to the wind tunnel test if that means anything now...

I wouldn't sell it for the fact that 240sx's are a dime a dozen now. I actually sold my S14 AND my IS300 afterwards to get my Z and its by far the most attention getting and rewarding car out of the 3. And my previous cars had a decent amount of money put into them.

I want a daily driver though, not for creature comfort, but for guilt of putting the Z through daily driving duties.