HybridZ

L24 modifications

dchooo

So I'm doing a rebuild on my l24, I have a 73 240z with matching number with original 4 speed. (btw let me tell you guys that I don't want to do any swaps of the block whatsoever) So at least for now I think the most I can do is put in new cams, exhaust, lighter flywheel, triple carbs which I don't have enough money for but I'm running 32/36 mm dgv webers sidedraft which I think is all I need for now. Will a different head, headers, new pistons, crankshaft, and rods help at all? I don't want to go ALL out but just trying to do the most I can do for the money (maybe we're talking like $2-2.5k and this is for rebuilding it too not just parts). What do you guys think I can do more of? Also really need a company to order my camshafts from if you guys know any out there that still make for l24. Is Z motorsports any good to buy cams from? Thanks again people you are awesome. (Also suspension is another story and many people have posted stuff about that so suspension is kind of out of my price range.) Oh I forgot another thing, this is my first time rebuilding and I'm suprisingly new to all this but am having so much fun doing so too.

post-11115-1275592886466_thumb.jpg

Yep, up to 77 or 78 the engine plate did have engine number on it, so there was a 'mathching numbers' possibility.

I sold the matching numbers L24 out of my 73 in 1985 as I wanted more power than it provided.

Anyway, the "Black Pearl" I have, doesn't have an engine number on the plate, it simply states in the middle of the engine space "L28", I believe the Brown Turd we used in LeMons (a 77) had the same identi-plate.

So I'm doing a rebuild on my l24, I have a 73 240z with matching number with original 4 speed. (btw let me tell you guys that I don't want to do any swaps of the block whatsoever) So at least for now I think the most I can do is put in new cams, exhaust, lighter flywheel, triple carbs which I don't have enough money for but I'm running 32/36 mm dgv webers sidedraft which I think is all I need for now. Will a different head, headers, new pistons, crankshaft, and rods help at all? I don't want to go ALL out but just trying to do the most I can do for the money (maybe we're talking like $2-2.5k and this is for rebuilding it too not just parts). What do you guys think I can do more of? Also really need a company to order my camshafts from if you guys know any out there that still make for l24. Is Z motorsports any good to buy cams from? Thanks again people you are awesome. (Also suspension is another story and many people have posted stuff about that so suspension is kind of out of my price range.) Oh I forgot another thing, this is my first time rebuilding and I'm suprisingly new to all this but am having so much fun doing so too.

Check out the purist 2.7 liter at www.rebelloracing.enginebuild.htm . I have a 3.0 renello engine and love it!!