HybridZ

I'm applying for a gov't engineering job...

cygnusx1

Try an application for a hands-on GS Position. They want a detailed list of EVERY tool you have ever used or are competent to use. Think about that for a while. EVERY one...

And when you do it, you suddenly become 'overqualified'...

What do you expect, it's the gubbmint. Those who fill out the paperwork to the satisfaction of the reviewers will get the job. There are people who specialize in filling out the applications. If you really want the job, consult with one they have the federal application process down and will really aid your application process getting noticed in a favorable way.

It's like a scavenger hunt..but the file size is too large so please reduce to impossibly small file size, but that format is not accepted, so print out this form, and fill it out, and scan it, then attach it, but not as a cover, and make sure you include your eligibility, and why you never served in the armed forces, otherwise just fax your resume, but erase your resume first and write it this way, do not include your skills, because we don't care....and on and on and on......I have a midnight deadline to get this thing done.  Back to work.  :unsure:

I have three left toes on my right foot....that's why they never drafted me when I was in my prime,  now I'm just too wide. :o  I get five points back for spelling toes correctly. 

Edited by cygnusx1

meh, toes schmoes. When my kid was born I walked over to the incubator and proudly, loudly stated "six on the right and webbed, just like dad!"

And turned away with a "proud father" look on my face while the midwife nurse ran back and did a digit count and then gave me a VERY dirty look.

My wife just rolled her eyes and said "you're bad!"

People get so hung up on polydactyly, like it's a bad thing...

:blink:

220px-Polydactyly_01_Lfoot_AP.jpg

Edited by Tony D