HybridZ

new guy with recently aquired 280zx

hey everyone my name is Jake as you can tell by my SN. I just got a 82 280zx 2+2 5 spd and found this forum it looks like there is a TON of info here, figured i would introduce myself. right off the bat i didnt know if this was a rare model or not (dont know much about them) it has a hard top no t-tops like i usually see. thanks for any advice!

hey everyone my name is Jake as you can tell by my SN. I just got a 82 280zx 2+2 5 spd and found this forum it looks like there is a TON of info here, figured i would introduce myself. right off the bat i didnt know if this was a rare model or not (dont know much about them) it has a hard top no t-tops like i usually see. thanks for any advice!

100_2737.jpg

Let me be the first to welcome you to the hybridz community Jake. Please understand up front that this forum can easily become an addiction and dreams form freely. There is more information on this sight than I could ever make use of covering engine swaps and big horsepower to wild body work and custom fiberglassing, to creating custom suspension geometry for road racing. Always use the search feature first if you have a question. Don't use the generic search or you'll be overwhelmed. Use subforum search and advanced search, learn to use quotations around your search phrase. Seems like you have a solid car. Enjoy it and this sight I know I am.

P.S. there is a new members sub forum as your scroll down the site, you'll see many more posts similar to yours down there.

Rare has a "loose" definition. I would not really call this car rare. The color is fairly common and realize that the car has been painted as they were never available in the two tone that your car wears, and then of course someone ruined the hood and wheels by painting them flat black. The slick top is definitely more rare than the more common T-Tops. Enjoy the car and welcome to HybridZ. The car looks clean and straight and I hope you enjoy, maintain and keep it for a long time to come, I have owned my ZX for 10 years now and it still gets me giddy when I drive it...no joke!

Yasin

Welcome to the "Z" experience. You're trapped now and will never be able to leave. As a newbie in the Z world, I strongly suggest you search the site before posting. It's amazing the amount of information that is stored here in old posts. I wouldn't be surprised if 9 out of 10 questions you have, you'll be able to find the answer by searching. That 10th answer is probably there also, but you didn't quite get the search terms right. Anyways, glad to have another z guy on the board.

I myself have the hardtop one, just as you do. It has taken me a lot of work to get it to where it is at, and theres a ton of work to be done in the future.

As of now, glad to see someone with the same car as me :P I dont see too many 2+2's.

So hows the car running and anything in between? Whats the story behind it and your story too?

• 3 weeks later...